Ride needed for boat from GA to Armada, DC or Pittsburgh...

Does your boat need a lift? Find other CBoaters who can give your boat a lift! CBoats.net does not endorse any particular boater for transport, and obviously use your "gut" feeling of whether you want to transport your boat via a stranger. That said, literally dozens of boats have been moved safely and cheaply this way over the past few years!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Ride needed for boat from GA to Armada, DC or Pittsburgh...

Post by PAC »

A new boat needs a ride from GA. This is a kayak but its for my 7 year old daughter to learn in so it has double good karma....
The boat is a new Jib kayak and is located at the Broad River Outpost, 112 Witcher Rd, Carlton, Ga. 30627 - which I am told is located in "northeast Georgia, 23 miles from Athens on Ga. Hwy 281 by the scenic Broad River".
I'm in no rush for the boat but it would be sweet if it could hitch a ride up to the Armada, DC or close to Pittsburgh, PA.
Please let me know if anyone would be so kind to help out! I can get more details to you then.
Thanks in advance Paul C.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

Boat ride

Post by billcanoes »

I'll be happy to assist if the boat can make it's way from Ga to Charlotte.

Bill
704-604-6687
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Still looking for a ride...

Post by PAC »

Bump!

Still looking for a ride for this boat (for my 7 year olds 8th B-day).

If it can get to SBroam, Billcanoes, or another Armada heading paddler it would be greatly appreciated (not to mention good karma for U)! :wink:

Thanks in advance! Paul C.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

I'm in the Lexington/Columbia, SC area 2-3 hours from there. If we can get it here, I can get it to the Armada.

I've posted to a local paddlers board here in Columbia to see if anybody is going over that way.
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

thanks...

Post by PAC »

Thanks Scott. Hopefully someone will help out. I appreciate it! Paul C.

PS: I saw some talk about interest in an OC in Pittsburgh. If someone purchased it I can get it to the Armada.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

Ride

Post by billcanoes »

Anyone going from Canton to the Nanty this weekend?
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Jibb'n

Post by PAC »

Ladies and Gellybeans the JIB has landed! Thanks to everyone that tried to get a ride for it north - I really appreciate it!
Anyway JIB GIRL is one happy 7 year old!
Note the appropriate paddle! But I had to break the news to her that she needed a training paddle (at first). She just frowned then just walked over and grabbed an old Blaklund (if your going K at least do it in style!)! Agian thanks folks for trying! Paul C.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/paulcline2002/JIBGirl.jpg[/img]
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

WOw

Post by Sir Adam »

That is one cute image. I might just have to add that to the gallery, if you don't mind-I know she's sitting in the wrong position, but she's got the right attitude / smile and paddle 8)
Keep the C!
Adam
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Photo...

Post by PAC »

thanks Adam - I thought it was cute too! But then I might be just a tad bit close to the subject. She is pumped up. We'll get her in the right set up after she pays her dues in a yak. I have her scheduled for aq couple clinics so she'll be getting good instruction from someone other than her dad! LOL
Took the Jib to the Doctor last night (Dr. Heatgun) to add rocker and make it kid friendly! She wanted to paddle this weekend but we have a backpacking trip planned so she has to wait.
I'm looking forward to checking out your design work up close and personal since the boy is still eyeing up "his" Acrobat! CU in a week! Check out the "Cquirt" post on the squirt site too! :-)
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator