FOUND: Boat transport from Denver to Iowa or nearby...

Does your boat need a lift? Find other CBoaters who can give your boat a lift! CBoats.net does not endorse any particular boater for transport, and obviously use your "gut" feeling of whether you want to transport your boat via a stranger. That said, literally dozens of boats have been moved safely and cheaply this way over the past few years!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Al Donaldson
Pain Boater

FOUND: Boat transport from Denver to Iowa or nearby...

Post by Al Donaldson »

Good day!

Is anybody likely to be driving from near Denver to anywhere near northeastern Iowa (with room for a small boat) some time this winter or spring (2008)?

Or...

Is there anybody in the Denver area who would be willing to garage a boat for two or three months?

(It is, oddly enough, a bit hard to find C1s in Iowa...)

Thanks!

al donaldson
Last edited by Al Donaldson on Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Al Donaldson
1920 Belle Avenue
Cedar Falls, IA
(319) 277-3194
Eric Nyre
C Guru

Post by Eric Nyre »

Hi Al,

I sent you a e-mail, but just in case will post here.

I'm going to Canoecopia in early March. Normally I take I-80 to Iowa City then route through Dubuque, but I can go through Waterloo instead.

I can also store the boat in our Arvada warehouse (suburb of Denver) until then.

$50 for storage/ offset my fuel expenses.
Al Donaldson
Pain Boater

Eric: Thanks!

Post by Al Donaldson »

E:

I didn't get the email yet, but I'll take you up on the transport and storage offer, subject only to making sure that the boat is still available and that I can get it to your place somehow.

The boat is the Cascade that was posted on the Denver Craigslist...

Thanks!

al
Al Donaldson
1920 Belle Avenue
Cedar Falls, IA
(319) 277-3194
Al Donaldson
Pain Boater

THANKS, Eric N!

Post by Al Donaldson »

Eric Nyre of Canoe Colorado was kind enough to store and transport the Cascade for me. We made contact in Waterloo, IA, as he was solo driving from Denver to Canoecopia in Madison.

Thanks again, Eric!

Regards,

al
Al Donaldson
1920 Belle Avenue
Cedar Falls, IA
(319) 277-3194