Stolen Finkenmeister Milers River Mass.

Post your missing boat here and have eyes all over the place looking for it!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Don Williams
C Boater

Stolen Finkenmeister Milers River Mass.

Post by Don Williams »

My yellow with blue swirls Finkenmeister C-1 was stolen from the in town takeout of the Lower Millers. This is the river left takeout on Newton St., just downstream from the iron bridge and upstream from the railroad bridge.

Also stolen was a translucent drybag with a Rapidstyle drytop (just repaired neck gasket) and new NRS paddle pants.

We left at about 4:00 to get my car at the put in, we were back in about 10 minutes (no changing) to find it gone.

Don
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Darn! Any stickers or markings? There just can't be a large market for that boat.
Has to be local riff-rats!
Hope if gets back too you! I'm assuming you filed a police report! Keep us posted!
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
Crash
C Boater

Post by Crash »

Got a snapshot? little to no chance of seeing it round here.but you never know.
C-Ya+Ride Safe
Crash
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

Don, that sucks. I hope you get your boat back.
As far as I remember from paddling with Don 5 years ago on the Ottawa his FM was yellow with blue swirls. One very distinctive mark was that Don replaced the factory outfitting with a Dagger C1 console, at least that's how the boat was outfitted back then.
Hope this helps!

TGG!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
Don Williams
C Boater

Post by Don Williams »

Thanks to everyone for their good wishes, still no luck recovering it. It still has the Dagger saddle, the thigh straps are blue with plastic buckles and at the time it was stolen it didn't have the hip huggers installed. It also still had the "made with pride in Bavaria" sticker.

I've uploaded a few images http://picasaweb.google.com/donaldw2/Finkemeister# I took when I first received the Fink with an Atom and Cascade for comparison. I think I have better photos around someplace, but these should be enough for an ID if we get lucky. [/url]