Dooley ran Raven Fork in Prelude video link

Post all your CBoat and OCBoat related videos here!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Wendy
Paddling Benefactor

Dooley ran Raven Fork in Prelude video link

Post by Wendy »

I found this on Boatertalk. CONGRATS Dooley!
http://gorgedout.blogspot.com/
MrTgrips
CBoats Addict

Post by MrTgrips »

Those are some fabulous vids on that site! And congratulations on the First OC1 D of the Raven's Fork!!!
You're still my hero Dooley....this week.

mick :D
Louie

I ain't sure

Post by Louie »

Dooley told me that Eli had done it first. Reguardless of first or second I am proud of the boy, now he know the hike in, water levels and the take out, All I need is a good sunny day a couple of in laws to carry my boat and Dooley as a guide and good portage shoes of course. Andrew, Shiver, Mason, Eli, Dooley and me as the weak link, could be a hellva of a ALF trip.
Dooleyoc-1
CBoats Addict

Post by Dooleyoc-1 »

Eli did run it first in a spanish fly several years back. Also, he ran the biggest rapid, Mike Tysons Punch-Out, which is absolutely huge. I portaged the top 3/4ths of it and put in and ran the last 20 ft drop.

The Raven Fork is an incredible place. It was by far the toughest river I've ever paddled. It was big, scary, pretty, and awesome. The drops were tough but they were clean and really high quality.
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

Dooley that's awesome :o It still amazes me how someone w/ great skill makes hard stuff look easy. You've got the skills my freind 8)
pmp
CBoats Addict

do it like dooley

Post by pmp »

at previous ALF's when anyone asked the line for a drop, someone would say "do it like dooley". that video shows why.
louie if that's an ALF trip... i think I might try learning to golf that day:-)
paul
Louie

Bull feathers

Post by Louie »

Yoou would jump out of your boat at each rapid say I ain't runnin that' carry your boat around it, watch dooley and shiver style it, and me swim it, then carry you boat back up and run it, you been doin it for years
edg
C Guru

Post by edg »

1 word- Respect....edg
Alden
CBoats Addict

Post by Alden »

My hat's off to you, Dooley. God, that one rapid shot from above (Mortal Kombat, I think) is huge. I can only imagine in person what it looks like.

That 20-footer with the kicker at the bottom looks pretty fun. What's that one called?

Looked like a pretty high level, too. Higher than other videos I've seen, for sure.

And of course, when you're talking about the Raven's Fork, you have to Keep in mind that the first D -- including the first D of Big Boy -- was one of our own, Allen Braswell.

Alden
Helly
C Guru

Awesome Dooley!

Post by Helly »

You made the yakers look WEAK!!! Your lines were clean, balance great, and they were scurrying around, and really took less clean lines than you.
Helly
C Guru

Ok, I have to restate a general statement I posted

Post by Helly »

before I get pounded. I was viewing some of those videos those yakers (Kirk) put together. They are really good...linville gorge and the like, it's addicting to watch them.
However, Dooely, your lines did look a lot cleaner and smoother than most yakers on that day.
Louie

Of couse they

Post by Louie »

did he didn't have a unneed extra blade to get in the way
CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

Post by CosmikDebris »

http://www.lvmvideo.com/2008/12/22/in-t ... ght-champ/ is what happened to me when I finally tried two blading. I thought being on your butt with two blades meant you wouldn't flip over! Nice work Dooley, you da man dog! Lets go sometime...

Tail 'tween my legs,
Will
Alden
CBoats Addict

Post by Alden »

Ouch. But I'm sure you ain't the first!

I watched those other vids on the page with Dooley's too. I like the look of the lower water level on the Raven's Fork better than the higher one. I still don't know what some of those rapids are called, but I definitely recognize the cave one. I think my dream river would be one boof like that after another, alternating sides. With no eddies and no cave hazard at the bottom.
amollohan99
Pain Boater

Post by amollohan99 »

One can only dream and hope. That is sick! If thats what ALF is like I will try to make it. Sick.

Andy