3 Boat Surf - Rescue

Post all your CBoat and OCBoat related videos here!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

David G
c

3 Boat Surf - Rescue

Post by David G »

White's Creek, ALF 2013. https://vimeo.com/62467741" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Riverken
C Guru

Re: 3 Boat Surf - Rescue

Post by Riverken »

Ha. Terrific.

If you're in the area, this is one river to go out of your way for. It is a really scenic class 2/3 run at lower levels, with next to no development on either bank for almost the whole run. We had a beautiful day out there.
Bill M
C Guru

Post by Bill M »

The only problem is it seldom runs due to small watershed but when it does it's a blast.
Tony D
c

Post by Tony D »

Cool vid.

But please.... c'mon... don't try to stand up. That one dude comes out of his boat and immediately stands up. That's super bad juju. That's definitely not the answer.

This should be super mellow rescue. A well aimed throw bag shot that will catch on the gunnels (with some rocks in the throw bag) is all you need here.

That sure is a sticky little poorover though.

Cool vid.

Tony D.
Shep
CBoats Addict

Post by Shep »

Tony, you don't post on the GDI FB page, do you? :)
yarnellboat
C Maven

Post by yarnellboat »

GDI schmDI, proof's in the pudding... What good did it do him to risk sticking his feet in the river bed in that current? He'd've been better off just swimming. Sure, he didn't die either, blah, blah, but it was a risk, to him and then others, for no good reason. It may not be common, and I'm sure it's beating a dead horse, but I have seen bad things happen from sticking feet down like that.

P.
hazardharry
CBoats Addict

Post by hazardharry »

:o 2:08 :-?
if its a flowin' i'm a goin' if its frozen i'm a dozin'
Randy Dodson
C Guru

Post by Randy Dodson »

hazardharry wrote::o 2:08 :-?

Okay Harry, I'll admit that I am a single blade snob. But I can assure you that the guy in the Outrage with the double bladed paddle (arrrrgh) is the real deal. His name is Bob and he can do it with two blades or ONE, and do it well.

As he told me last time I paddled with him "I'm just using the lazy way and I don't give a ---- what anybody thinks about it. He's just out to have fun.

I can't believe I'm defending a guy that uses a kayak paddle in an open boat, but there you have it.
Parrot Head Paddler
Todhunter
Ridge Spirit Outfitting

Post by Todhunter »

Randy Dodson wrote:
hazardharry wrote::o 2:08 :-?

Okay Harry, I'll admit that I am a single blade snob. But I can assure you that the guy in the Outrage with the double bladed paddle (arrrrgh) is the real deal. His name is Bob and he can do it with two blades or ONE, and do it well.

As he told me last time I paddled with him "I'm just using the lazy way and I don't give a ---- what anybody thinks about it. He's just out to have fun.

I can't believe I'm defending a guy that uses a kayak paddle in an open boat, but there you have it.
Yeah, hard to back up a guy that does that, but Bob is a cool guy.
Matt Todhunter
Ridge Spirit Outfitting - Custom Bulkhead Canoe Saddles