Help, I need to replace my Bluehole

New to CBoating? Look here for loaner boats, demo boats, free boats, instruction, and other folks in your area to help you out. Do NOT post questions here - those should be posted in the main CForum.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Bluehole
C Boater

Help, I need to replace my Bluehole

Post by Bluehole »

I am in the market for a new OC-1, I have been paddling a Bluehole sunburst but would like something a lot shorter and sportier. I weight in at 200 + and paddle Class III+ in the Bluehole. I have been researching boats on line but would like some advice. Where is the best place to demo? Is there a place to demo Mohawk Viper, Esquif Nitro or Raven. Or any other boat that would fit the bill of River and Creek.
JayDavis
Pain Boater

Post by JayDavis »

That's a big boat, I've got a big boat as well. The boats you are talking about a radical change from what you are paddling now. Unless you paddle on a regular basis, it might be a difficult change. Something like a Probe 12/13 or Vertige might be less of a shock. But then again you might be looking for something completely different.

As far as demoing that's a great idea, what area do you live in?
dwd58
Pain Boater

Post by dwd58 »

I have a probe 12 that is very stable, yet turns well and very responsive.
zappaddles
Pain Boater

Post by zappaddles »

If you want to stay with a big boat you might consider a Mad River ME. No longer made in Royalex but is made in Kevlar by Millbrook Boats in NH. Some of the Mohawk boats are coming on strong also; the Viper is a good step up for you as would be the Probe (Probe not quite so much)
Bluehole
C Boater

Post by Bluehole »

Thank you for your replies. I have purchased a Viper 12 and have a long learning curve to get through with it. What a differance between the Bluehole and the Viper