Stable canoe to replace detonator

New to CBoating? Look here for loaner boats, demo boats, free boats, instruction, and other folks in your area to help you out. Do NOT post questions here - those should be posted in the main CForum.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

the3carrs
c

Stable canoe to replace detonator

Post by the3carrs »

Hello Canoers,
Looking for a stable canoe to replace my detonator that I am selling. My husband has a probe, love the stability don't like the lap belt (which we could change out) I weight around 120 and am 5'2". Detonator was an awesome canoe, just I don't paddle canoe much and want something a little more stable for running the nanty falls, blackberry falls, etc. I don't have a good brace and like stability.
Someone mention a quake as stable, didn't think of that one. Had a taureau at one time. Fun to paddle but not the falls. I am an intermediate paddler and don't plan on paddling past class III ish stuff. Any suggestions? Thanks, Sandra
Shep
CBoats Addict

Re: Stable canoe to replace detonator

Post by Shep »

If you liked the Detonator, then maybe the Octane 85 would be a good upgrade? When it is generally available, of course...

Shep
Todhunter
Ridge Spirit Outfitting

Post by Todhunter »

I can't recommend the Octane 91 enough! My dad has one and is only an occasional paddler and it is super stable and makes days on the Nanty, Ocoee, etc very fun for him since he isn't swimming all the time.
Matt Todhunter
Ridge Spirit Outfitting - Custom Bulkhead Canoe Saddles
canotrouge
C Guru

Post by canotrouge »

Maybe a L'Edge, an Option, the BigDog Force oc1, That is if you want to stay in the plastic boats. I heard that the Esquif Raven is a really stable boat....
Good luck