looking to experiment with slalom...

New to CBoating? Look here for loaner boats, demo boats, free boats, instruction, and other folks in your area to help you out. Do NOT post questions here - those should be posted in the main CForum.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Daddy-O
Pain Boater

looking to experiment with slalom...

Post by Daddy-O »

Basically no budget, i usually find myself creeking but would love to experiment with a c1 slalom boat. so if any of you have an old slalom c1 collecting dust please consider giving her another life and loving home. i would happily drive and pick up on east coast. living in brevard western NC USA. Taking a longshot here but i would love to spruce one up and shred some attainments and local races... big thanks!
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Re: looking to experiment with slalom...

Post by sbroam »

Come on down to Columbia, SC this Saturday (tomorrow) and check out the Ice Man race on the Saluda - there is actually more than one race going on from noon to 5:00 or so. I'll probably be safety boating but will bring my slalom boat if I decide to race in the "Ice Man" (last of the day). You'd be welcome to try the boat out, though its not for sale :-)
Daddy-O
Pain Boater

Post by Daddy-O »

i would love to come down tomorrow. i have care of our daughters and i feel that might not permit me to actually try out boat. if you are interested though i do paddle frequently and would love to connect sometime. im guessing you dont want me bruising it down the north fork french broad, but it might be fun to paddle together and switch up boats on a high water day at say chatooga III, or noli., or section IX french broad. thanks again for the invite. best luck if you race, hope to syotr soon!
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

The races are next to our awesome zoo...
Daddy-O
Pain Boater

Post by Daddy-O »

cool i could just drop them off to play with the pandas for awhile. :) im at home today playing mr domestica but i would like to race sometime soon. ill probably just cruise here so that tomorrow is a green light situation.
-peace-