New to solo canoeing

New to CBoating? Look here for loaner boats, demo boats, free boats, instruction, and other folks in your area to help you out. Do NOT post questions here - those should be posted in the main CForum.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

rev greenbud
c

New to solo canoeing

Post by rev greenbud »

Ok so I've had a dagger caption for years and have just got a mohawk maxim. World of its own. Can I just say Help or should I go in to detail. I've paddled Tuck, Nattie, French broad in the caption of course. So I guess what I asking is there anyone in the asheville area that want to take me under their wing or a video so I can get a handle on this new boat. I live in Clyde.
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Re: New to solo canoeing

Post by KNeal »

Yes. Details.

Please. :D
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
rev greenbud
c

Re: New to solo canoeing

Post by rev greenbud »

Details.. ok. So I've paddled it a few times. I am working on my roll in a pool. I Got it once yeah! Feel like I'm pulling my head out to fast and my hip snap is not there. But my real problem is when i get on swift water. I've tried calm water and feel like i've got decent control. In swift water i don't feel like i have any control. I've tried leaning forward and staying there but the lack of primary just kills me. I guess i need more time in the saddle, it would just be nice to have a group to go with.