C1 playboat help/advise

New to CBoating? Look here for loaner boats, demo boats, free boats, instruction, and other folks in your area to help you out. Do NOT post questions here - those should be posted in the main CForum.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

mokayaker

C1 playboat help/advise

Post by mokayaker »

I’m a k1 looking to convert a playboat into a C1. I heard that because of the height differences that I would need a longer playboat than what I usually paddle k1. I was just wondering what people thought about this. This boat would be a project boat and something I would only park and play with. Looking for any advice or if you know anyone with a cheap boat, I’m open to anything. I'm 5'11 175lbs dry. Thanks.
Mikey B
CBoats Addict

Re: C1 playboat help/advise

Post by Mikey B »

Not necessarily longer...but wider is better :)
I think most of the playboats you like as a kayak also work pretty well as C-1's these days. If you want it for pure park and play I'd opt for a medium size for your size. The larges tend to feel more stable but a medium would be easier to throw around.
Paddle Power
C Maven

Re: C1 playboat help/advise

Post by Paddle Power »

As a C1 paddler, if you want the same speed as a kayaker, then a yes, as a C1 paddler you may wish to have a longer/faster hull because you only have one blade.

But for park and play, you are most likely not concerned about keeping up kayakers in terms of speed on the water.
Brian
http://www.JohnstonPursuits.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;