Octane 91 for first OC?

New to CBoating? Look here for loaner boats, demo boats, free boats, instruction, and other folks in your area to help you out. Do NOT post questions here - those should be posted in the main CForum.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

AaronB

Octane 91 for first OC?

Post by AaronB »

Hey everyone, Im new to the OC and im looking for a boat. Ive been in a kayak for a few years now and I think I would like to switch to a canoe. I seen a few boats that I like, The Octane 91 seems to be the frontrunner right now, but im open to other boats as well. Im about 6'0 250lbs and would love to hear some feedback on the Octane. How is the maneuverability? Speed? Are there other boats I should consider? The rivers I paddle most are the Nantahala and the Ocoee, would love to take a canoe down the Tellico at some point. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Aaron
magicmike
C Guru

Re: Octane 91 for first OC?

Post by magicmike »

GET ONE!!! AND ROCK IT!!!!!! :D
johnd
C Guru

Post by johnd »

Perhaps someone might comment on whether the Octane is easy to roll or not. With a really wide, flat hull, I am guessing not. Thanks.
kaz
Millbrook Boats - CBoats.net Sponsor

Post by kaz »

Not trying to be a jerk, but learn to stay upright.
Sorry if I was.
JKaz......
hazardharry
CBoats Addict

Post by hazardharry »

i can lay her 90deg. tomy off side in rapids. i can roll maine medical on the flat bottom too.
if its a flowin' i'm a goin' if its frozen i'm a dozin'
canoeman61
Pain Boater

Post by canoeman61 »

johnd wrote:Perhaps someone might comment on whether the Octane is easy to roll or not. With a really wide, flat hull, I am guessing not. Thanks.
I have only been in one for a few minutes but it was very difficult to flip over and very ease to roll up. I hope so, as I am getting a new one!
RCa
c

Post by RCa »

I am in your same position and considering the 91. Did you dver get one? If so, what is your review?