C-1 Roll Help!!!

New to CBoating? Look here for loaner boats, demo boats, free boats, instruction, and other folks in your area to help you out. Do NOT post questions here - those should be posted in the main CForum.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

ClarkT528

C-1 Roll Help!!!

Post by ClarkT528 »

I'm new to C-1. I have a Liquid Logic Biscuit 55 that I converted and the outfitting feels good. I'm a kayaker so I get some of the basics and I have watched a lot of C-1 roll videos. I get up out of the water but I think my paddle gets to deep and it drags me back under or its the weight that I am at the time. Also this is my first hour in the pool rolling this boat. I'm going to leave a video of me rolling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju2VPSVPcKI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Re: C-1 Roll Help!!!

Post by Mike W. »

Square your shoulders to the bottom of the pool and get your grip hand deep before you start. This will give you a longer stroke. Put more force into it too. Your close and I think this will get you up.
ClarkT528

Post by ClarkT528 »

Thanks I see what you mean and it will help a lot the next time I get in the pool or on the river.
Paddle Power
C Maven

Post by Paddle Power »

Very close
nice set up

start the roll up with your grip hand lower (in the water)

initiate the roll up with your hips and wait a second before using your paddle

try to keep your head down as low as possible (nose dragging across your paddle shaft and deck)

try to keep your head down longer to finish off the roll (it should be down as it passes the keel line/ middle of the cockpit)

you can also try to sweep your paddle a bit to get the blade more resistance or purchase but the key is to get the roll going with your hips

soon you should be rolling up...
Brian
http://www.JohnstonPursuits.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;