glueing outfitting to Millbrook Hooter

New to CBoating? Look here for loaner boats, demo boats, free boats, instruction, and other folks in your area to help you out. Do NOT post questions here - those should be posted in the main CForum.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

scooter

glueing outfitting to Millbrook Hooter

Post by scooter »

I have a Millbrook Hooter with a layup that has carbon fiber on the inside. A fine canoe.

Last summer the anchors for the seat and thigh straps came off of the bottom of the boat. Not from the sides, but from the bottom where they were glued to the carbon. The anchors of the sides were also glued, but they didn't come out.

I believe the glue failed because of the extreme heat last summer. The boat was stored upside down on sawhorses under a tarp in the sun. I was gone for a month and when I returned the outfitting was laying on the ground.

I had used Weldwood contact cement as the glue. The anchors are North Water daisy chain loops, vinyl.

I am ready to put anchors back in again.

What would you recommend? Should I use the Weldwood contact cement again? Epoxy resin, like g-flex? Or some other type of anchor that can be anchored with g-flex?
kaz
Millbrook Boats - CBoats.net Sponsor

Re: glueing outfitting to Millbrook Hooter

Post by kaz »

Epoxy.
Sand thoroughly first.
JKaz......