Open boat rodeo

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

yarnellboat

Post by yarnellboat »

Jan, I'm just a timid 'ol open-boater. I've yet to throw my OC-1 into a big hole for a prolonged side-surfin'-rodeo-stay. I still just run rivers, never parked-and-played. I don't even know where Surprise Hole is - Tamihi at low water still scares me, so I haven't ventured upstream (though I've thought of it). I'm just getting used to the idea of rolling and class III. Perhaps my new video will inspire me.

There was a couple of reasonably priced Foreplays around, including Cone Bone's, but at 210lbs, I thought it might not be enough boat. The extent of my interest in buying a C-1 is curiosity, and I'd like it to be something stable, but playable. Probably a Big/Super EZ or a Score? And my budget is also pretty much a curiosity (especially after I bought an OC-2 recently and having had it stolen :x ). Hopefully this winter I'll get to the pool with some Vanc C-1ers and try out some different hulls, but I can't imagine a s6x would be my cup of tea.

Randy, the peninsula is calling my name, so I hope to get down there for some paddling. I'll let you know.

Pat.
Cone Bone
C Guru

Forplay and the peninsula

Post by Cone Bone »

Pat,

A friend of mine just got back from a trip to the peninsula - he had a great time.

Yes, I think the Forplay is too small for a 210 lb paddler. The Score would be just about right. However, I can't endorse either as a C boat now that I have tried the WB. I can't help it!
Al Greve

Post by Al Greve »

For those of you that maybe interested.....Esquif has just came out with a new freestyle open boat. It`s called the "Salsa",designed by Mark Scriver. Mark and a couple others have taken the their Salsa`s down to Australia to compete in the 2005 World Freestyle.

Al
Glenn
c

Post by Glenn »

I think these are the first photos of the Salsa in action... I'm pretty sure that's Mark Scriver in the boat. :wink:

http://www.coraclemaker.co.uk/images/gallery07.jpg

Happy Holidays!
CraigS

Post by CraigS »

not quite the Salsa... that looks more like bad "bean dip" or at least the bowl it's served in. I have picture's of the Salsa in my possesion form Mark... I look forward to competeing against him and another good friend of mine who will be paddling glass versions in Australia... his name... sorry that's another secret for now... hmm?

I hope to try to keep this forum updated on all the c-boat action when we are there so stay tuned!

Craig Smerda
Team RobsonUSA