Pump in a L'Edge

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

leclercraven
C Guru

Pump in a L'Edge

Post by leclercraven »

Quick question, where's the best place to put a bilge pump in a L'Edge without taking the seat bulkhead apart? I wanna keep it simple! I've done a few tests with the pump placed in front of the bulkhead and it works pretty good but I haven't tested it yet on the river, I'm not sure that the water will flow enough to that area once I'm in the boat. Would it be better in the back of the seat? Anywhere else?
TonyB
CBoats Addict

Re: Pump in a L'Edge

Post by TonyB »

I prefer the front, keeps everything hand in case I need to tweek. Also find it easier to lean forward then back to get that little extra water thru the pump.
Proud Yankee
leclercraven
C Guru

Post by leclercraven »

TonyB wrote:I prefer the front, keeps everything hand in case I need to tweek. Also find it easier to lean forward then back to get that little extra water thru the pump.
Great, that's what I thought! Thanks!
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

I like the battery in front and pump behind seat. To lean back in eddies to the last bit out. helps trim the boat to.
Actually i place the pump a tad off to my on side too - again to get more water out when need be.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
Wendy
Paddling Benefactor

Post by Wendy »

I prefer the pump in the front off to the onside with the battery upfront too. Keeps everything simple and less chance of wires being strained
hazardharry
CBoats Addict

Post by hazardharry »

remember red can is best for glueing your pump to just about anything. :oops: i keep the battery aft of the fore beam. i run the wires down the keel and up the mizzen spout. then with a bubblebeepop, run the hose aroundrippyround to where the water shoots out the top. the pump i keep i curious spot, but with children on here i mention that not. :D
if its a flowin' i'm a goin' if its frozen i'm a dozin'