Gforce or S6f as a C1?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

SlickStick
C Boater

Gforce or S6f as a C1?

Post by SlickStick »

Hi,

I am thinking of trading my slickstick in for something a little less slicey and was wondering what people think of the GForce or S6f as a C1?

Has anyone ever paddled one? If so, what did you think of it?

Thanks,
Peter
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

s6f over the g-force from what I've seen.

Better options imo are robson, fluid or LL
SlickStick
C Boater

Post by SlickStick »

the top of my list is currently the TwinTip, i was just wondering what these boats were like because in the UK at least, they are a lot cheaper than most other boats.

Also, what are peoples thoughts on the Robson NRG?

Thanks,
Peter
Last edited by SlickStick on Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
allan
C Boater

Robson NRG

Post by allan »

I got my NRG this fall, and thus haven't had much chance to paddle it yet... however, I would certainly say it makes a great C1 for certain play features, and definately not for others...

It rocks in a hole. It's very stable, and has tons of bow rocker, and lots of volume around the cockpit.

On a wave however, it doesn't shine as nicely... well, actually, catching waves, it doesn't shine. On smaller, slower waves, it surfs nicely, but I had it out on the Ottawa this November around negative one, and couldn't catch babyface... hopefully as I get more used to the boat, I'll have more success, but it's a very slow hull.

If you mostly play in smaller features though, I'd definately recommend taking it for a spin.

Also, it's quite spatious up front allowing for an easy bulkhead installation, and lots of knee and thigh room.

If you're ever on the ottawa, you're welcome to try mine out, although it sounds like you're from the UK, so it might be a bit of a commute.

cheers,
-allan
SlickStick
C Boater

Post by SlickStick »

Thanks, but like you said it would be a huge commute to get to the Ottawa, although i do hope to get out there by the end of next year.

If anyone has paddled a TwinTip, how fast and loose would you say it is on a wave in comparison to, say, a full-tilt, LL skip or even a slick-stick? And also, how stable/edgy is it?
I have found my slick-stick to be a little too edgy and unstable for my liking, which is why i am trying to get rid of it.

1 more question, what is the quality of the plastic like on the Robson boats (esp the TwinTip)? Because another reason that i want to sell the slickstick is that the plastic feels very thin and the hull flexes if i scrape over rocks, and therefore i am very reluctant to drill holes in the boat to fit things which is why my outfitting is pretty rubbish.

Thanks again,
Peter
chuck naill
CBoats Addict

g force vs s6f

Post by chuck naill »

My son has converted both. His email is jmoe17@hotmail.com :D
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

I have a Twintip conversion... it's nice and wide for a C1.. the stern is a bit slicey, the bow and knee area is awesome. As for wave speed I think it's plenty fast, it's super loose as well. As for the material.. it's good stuff. I have a bulkhead in mine and it weighs around 26lbs.

If you want to see one in action check out the playboatingitalia.com site to see Stephan Paetsch at Hawaii sur Rhone surfing it up.

The Fluid Boats are also very good conversions... 2 of the US Boats for Worlds are Flirts. Seth and Joe really tear it up in them.
c1mini
c

Post by c1mini »

i recommend a fluid flirt for c1 here http://www.fluidkayaks.com/ look to the movies and joes surf its a great c1 vid
half the paddle twice the man
MArko@drakkar

RIde of your life

Post by MArko@drakkar »

Have a testrun at Drakkar Wheelboy. there uis a testboat in London for testing. You propablyu know lee Pyke from UK c-1 scene and he will be apple to help you. I think DOM got the boat as we speak. Wheelboy is going to UK soon so be aware.

marko
grinner
Pain Boater

Post by grinner »

do the g-force
its a nice boat
and its not expensive
paddling a flooded canoe is easy. stopping is easy as long as you have some kayaks to help you stop.
SlickStick
C Boater

Post by SlickStick »

3 more boats i am thinking of (sorry to keep on asking) What do people think of the Airhead, Kingpin and Air?

I am going to try and demo as many of these boats as possible, but i think that at the moment i will only be able to try the K1 versions out as there are not too many C1 paddlers in the UK.

So that i have a slightly better idea for what to look for, what qualities do you think that a good C1 playboat should have? (i am fine with the basic moves and am looking at learning to get more air time)

Thanks again :roll:
Peter
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

if there is a wheelboy in london, PADDLE IT!
THEN you will know what to look for in a c1 playboat

life is short
don't waste your time with bad boats
Larry
SlickStick
C Boater

Post by SlickStick »

hmmm, no offence Larry, but your "arguement" doesnt really do much to convince me to buy that boat :P

Unfortunately i am unable to get to London for a while, what with exams that i am taking at the moment and generally irritating stuff like not being able to drive myself there, so i will probably have to wait until the wheelboy hits the UK for real to be able to try one.

How loose is the Flirt compared to most boats?

Thanks again
-Peter-
CraigS

Post by CraigS »

8) check with Seth Chappel via a **PM** on the Flirt
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

slick stick
no offence taken, i just speak from my own personal experience. i wasted 4 years paddling shitty boats because i didn't know any better. 4 years, man! gone.
now i've found a couple of boats that i really like (thanks to the information gathered on this forum!) and have seen the light!
i just get a little too excited and think everyone has got to have the same boats....
i'm worse than some born-agains! uh- oh :o i better go now...
good luck in your search brother.
Larry