Would this work?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

MikeC
c

Would this work?

Post by MikeC »

I am getting into WW this year and I picked up a used Perception Pirouette S and I find kayaks very uncomfortable.I am a canoe lover at heart.Would any of these boats work as a C1? I find Kneeling much more comfortable than sitting on my a**.Is this an expensive thing to do ? I can get these boats pretty cheap and was wondering if any of them would work as a C1.I dont want a playboat,I just want to go down rivers and bounce off rocks.This is all new to me so be gentle. :roll:

Thanks
Mike
MikeC
c

The boats

Post by MikeC »

I forgot to list the boats.

Perception Dancer
Dagger Response
willlyons

Post by willlyons »

ummm...i wouldn't recommend either of those boats. For the same pricerange, you could probably find an old Atom or Cascade, which were designed as C1's. If you want a good riverruner, check out the H2zone on the forsale forum. I would recommend something a little newer than a response or dancer. Maybe a pyranha H2zone, X or Z(wavesport), or something along those lines. I always thought the X/Z would make a hades of a beginner C1. Will run rivers really well but can still play a little.
Will
MikeC
c

Post by MikeC »

Thanks for the help.The Atom looks like a really fun boat.Anybody got a cheap one in Upstate NY?

Mike
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

CHEAP C Boat

Post by Sir Adam »

If you want a decent (albeit older and funny colored) CBoat i have a Noah Aeroquatic I'm willing to part with...PM or e-mail me for details...and I'm in the southern Adirondacks (e.g. Upstate NY...).
Keep the C!
Adam
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

check out the h2 245 for sale on this forum...$ 275 bucks is a killer deal for the boat and skirt! this is a good boat from what i hear. i just last weekend boated with a very competent paddler that had just set one up, and he was diggin it. if i didn't already have an h3 i would snap it up.
an atom would be great too, but your gonna pay more for it.
good luck
Larry
MikeC
c

Post by MikeC »

That boat is to far and shipping would kill the deal.

Thanks
Mike
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

yah.. shipping would cost another 50-60 bucks. or maybe 18 bucks on dhl if your lucky.
still seems like a deal to me, especially when you figure your time and money to convert a kayak. foam ain't cheap!
sounds like i'm trying to sell my own boat!
anyways, have fun!
Larry
MikeC
c

Post by MikeC »

18 bucks? I shipped half a shop vac back for warranty and it cost me 42.00 with DHL.I used to work for them

Thanks
Mike
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

Post by billcanoes »

I looked into DHL, per the Detonator delivery post, if it werent for the size DHL would be very reasonable, but the length bumped it up to freight delivery, which was $110. How does this pricing work, or what is the best way to get around the length issue.

Bill
MikeC
c

Post by MikeC »

There is no way around it.Its amazing that I can ship a motorcycle with Forward air for 98.00 but it cost over 100.00 for a light boat and 42.00 for a shop vac motor.
DJ

Post by DJ »

I got a Forplay shipped from Oly,WA to Missouri for $27 with DHL.