creek boat reviews

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

just when i thought i had all the boats i need...now i have to go find a SLOW creek boat!
Larry
racer x

boatin

Post by racer x »

wow, very well thought out jay. i dont know if i agree about slower boats, but hey, that's something that your biographer will latch onto some day. Anywho, hopefully ill see ya at the upper b. i now find myself running in somewhat of the same crowd as Joe S., maybe ill finally get to run a creek with some freakin c-1ers instead of more of the windmilling, stunted-growth goons . . . haha.
Alden
PS - I think the Blunt would be too slow for the Stikine . . .
Bernie
C Guru

C-1 Creekers

Post by Bernie »

I have the Diesel 75 and a M3 233 in Fayetteville, W.Va. if anyone is interested in trying them out.
I think Jay is right on target with his advise and reviews.
The newer designs really do make a difference and Jan mentioned that c-1 outfitting is often much lighter than the k-1 seat and bulkhead which in my opinion allows you to notch up the recommended weight range. When you creek in a c-1 that is too big for your size it is definitely harder to control. The best way to determine what will work for you is to demo.