Mad River ME Questions

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

bunk
c

Mad River ME Questions

Post by bunk »

Can anyone tell me how the Mad River ME compares to the Mad River Caption? How does it compare with primary stability and secondary stability? I have a Caption but have never paddled a ME before. I should add that I'm bigger (250lbs), paddle with a pitbull (50lbs), and we do whitewater river tripping so a bigger boat is good for carrying enough gear.

Also...Does anyone know what year(s) Mad River made the "purple" royalex ME's?

Thanks
ezwater
C Maven

Re: Mad River ME Questions

Post by ezwater »

As a one-time boat inspector for races, I have seen many MEs but have not paddled one. From inspection, I think the ME will not be as good a load carrier and will not be as "dry" as the Caption. I have a Mad River Synergy, a 15 foot tandem/solo WW successor to the ME, but while it has been a wonderful cruiser for overnights on WW, it is also not as dry as the Caption, and might be overloaded with your weight and a pitbull plus gear.
bunk
c

Post by bunk »

Thank you for your reply ezwater. Much appreciated.
arhdc
CBoats Addict

Post by arhdc »

The ME was built to be a solo boat, the Caption a tandem boat. Load capacities are directly relates to this. ME kakes a poor tandem.
~Aaron~

Just being willing to try is half the battle.