Wanted- WW Tripping OC2

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

TNpaddler30

Wanted- WW Tripping OC2

Post by TNpaddler30 »

Looking to buy a used MAd River freedom or a Mowhawk Nova or similar white water tripping tandem canoe. would like 16-17 ft but will consider 15 ft.

East Tn area.
zacnc32

have an Old Towne

Post by zacnc32 »

I have an Old Towne discovery 158 in excellent condition. I Don't know how much whitewater you're looking to do with it, i wouldn't do much more than Class II with it.

in Asheville

zacnc32@gmail.com
Kaz

Post by Kaz »

How's about a Dimension? Check previous posting from Richard titled "boats for sale" or something like that.
JK
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

A Dimension would be great if your tripping is going to involve more white water than flat. It's a big boat with lots of capacity, essentially a Dagger Legend with several inches more of rocker. It was popular enough for them to periodically pull it from retirement.
bearboater
CBoats Addict

trippers

Post by bearboater »

when i think of tripping, i think of my own experience which has been 30 days(in an ontario series of rivers), then to 43 (730 miles)days on the back, and the boats we used were a old town tripper, and a nova craft (or something like that) expetition 18 footer. mind you we had alot fo gear, and a long way to go, id look for a used tripper, theyre a great allround boat, and are a blast to paddle unloaded, as to session the set you portaged your gear around.
cheers
-isaac
Bruce

I have a Blue Hole 17A

Post by Bruce »

This boat is amost 23 years old but is in excellent shap. Have paddle class 1 to 3+ whitewater in it as well as great for river tripping. Skid pads bow and stern. No feep gashes, never wrapped.

Asking $400. Considering the shape, this had to find but excellent and bomb proff river tripping boat should meet your needs. Excellent primary stability, good secondary.

If interested contact me at enviroguy101958@yahoo.com

Located in MD

Bruce