FS: 2 tandems and a solo

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

ohioboater
CBoats Addict

FS: 2 tandems and a solo

Post by ohioboater »

Reducing my fleet of open boats. If work and kid schedules align, I'm willing to meet at the New/Gauley or LY/Cheat. Any farther than that, and you'll have to come to me.

14' Dagger Caption - $750
Yellow Royalex, vinyl gunwales
Hull is in excellent condition
Outfitted tandem with single thigh straps (no foot pegs)
Includes nearly new airbags
I bought this boat from an instructional program and have been hoarding it as a spare for when my triple outfitted Caption dies, but given how seldom I paddle OC these days, I don't need a spare. Ready to paddle as-is, though you might want to update the saddles and thigh straps if you're planning on trying to roll.
https://omalley.smugmug.com/Yellow-Dagger-Caption

16' Dagger Dimension - $550
Red Royalex, vinyl gunwales
Hull is sun faded but has almost no wear otherwise.
Outfitted tandem with 5 d-rings per station for v-style thigh straps (no foot pegs)
D-rings in the center for cargo tie-down. Rings are spaced to strap a Scepter 5 gal mil-spec water can flat against the hull.
Does not come with air bags or thigh straps. I used this boat for easy river tripping with my kids (Greenbrier in WV). It also saw a few LY runs with my daughter up front. Great boat, I just haven't paddled it in years and am finally facing the fact that I probably never will again. Notes on the outfitting: I used to have a pair of padded thigh straps that I had adapted with webbing to do a v-style knee and thigh hold down, but I lost them somewhere along the way. I do have a couple of minimalist thigh straps made from 1" NRS webbing, tri-glides, and fastex buckles that I can include, if I can find them in my gear bins. Despite its age, this boat is bombproof. The Royalex is insanely thick, and the time it's spent stored outside appears not to have affected its integrity at all. My daughter and I once ran the Stairstep boof on the LY in this boat, blew right through the downstream eddy, and t-boned a rock below hard enough to blow out one of my thigh straps. That impact didn't even leave a mark on the vinyl, let alone a dent or crack. This boat will probably outlive you.
https://omalley.smugmug.com/Dagger-Dimension

14' Wenonah Argosy solo - $900
Red Royalex, vinyl gunwales
Nearly perfect condition
Outfitted with a foam saddle, and a single d-ring to allow a minimalist thigh strap setup. Also includes the original adjustable webbing seat.
Surprisingly fast boat but still reasonably maneuverable. Hardest water this boat has ever been on is a class 1+ urban run with a series of manmade drops where I used it to embarrass a bunch of kayakers in a paddle/portage race. Otherwise, it's just been used on local flatwater.
https://omalley.smugmug.com/Wenonah-Argosy
mnvought
c

Re: FS: 2 tandems and a solo

Post by mnvought »

I'm interested in the Caption & maybe a few more pics of the outfitting if it's not too much trouble. I'd be driving from B'ham, Alabama to pick up this beauty if it's in as good as shape as it looks. Unless you'd like to shave off some of my drive time :)

Thank you,
Matt
ohioboater
CBoats Addict

Post by ohioboater »

I'll post some more pictures to the smugmug gallery link when I get a chance. The saddles and thigh straps are no great shakes, but they work. If you're wanting to play in class 3/4, you'll probably end up needing to add footpegs and a couple more d-rings to run v-straps across your knees. The airbags are pristine NRS solos from when they were still making them out of Infinity urethane rather than their less than stellar coated nylon.

Hull wise, the vinyl is in great shape. There's a small crease/dent in the middle where I assume a pair of students ran it into a rock sideways. I'll post a closeup of that, too. Might be a day or two - weather is sketchy here tomorrow.
ohioboater
CBoats Addict

Post by ohioboater »

I've added some pics of the saddles/straps and a closeup of the ding in the chine.

https://omalley.smugmug.com/Yellow-Dagger-Caption
ohioboater
CBoats Addict

Post by ohioboater »

The Dimension and Caption are both sold.