WANTED: A used Mad River Explorer

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

tintern2

WANTED: A used Mad River Explorer

Post by tintern2 »

I grew up paddling a Mad River Explorer with my dad in Virginia. Now that I have kids of my own, I'm hoping to reprise those weekend outings with an Explorer of my own.

Currently located in western Pennsylvania, I can potentially drive a ways depending on the location.

Best email to use would be: helixed2 at@ yahoo.com

Thanks,
Jerey
kochmp

Re: WANTED: A used Mad River Explorer

Post by kochmp »

Hemlock Canoes has a used Explorer for sale.

http://www.hemlockcanoe.com/used--demo-canoes.html
playwaves

Re: WANTED: A used Mad River Explorer

Post by playwaves »

Whoa! Just saw this now in October. I have a beautiful, red Mad River Explorer, 16' with flashy new painter lines (the only thing that wore out), with ash gunwales, caned seats, and a portage yoke, last used last summer in Algonquin in Canada. I've loved this boat forever and got it directly from designer Jim Henry. But I'm moving way west and can't fit it in or I'd keep it. I paddled aluminum and plastic in Arctic expeditions twice, 1982 and 1984, and this would still be my boat of choice. A lot of memories in this boat and a lot of life left because it's the original Royalex layup which you can't get anymore. Let me know if you're still looking. davesu93@gmail.com