Esquif Prelude (cheap!) ROBSON HOMES (Rare!) Millbrook Kyote

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

avlclimber
C Guru

Esquif Prelude (cheap!) ROBSON HOMES (Rare!) Millbrook Kyote

Post by avlclimber »

Sigh, usually I am a buyer, not a seller. Scroll down for all boats and a link to more pictures.

With tears:

Esquif Prelude, with or without bulkhead saddle, This hull has seen me down an amazing number of rivers, I think the PE weighs like 30#, its amazing. It needs (sigh) a very large weld job on the stern; I never got around to doing the work so I'm selling as-is. With some elbowgrease and creativity, this bargain boat would be bomber rock-spinning class III (IV) rivers. Make me an offer.
(sigh)

Pristine! Robson Homes. Frankie Hubbard's final design. The gunwales are a work of art, the boat is responsive and FAST. slick edges. There are only about 3 of these boats in north America. The carbon weave German engineering is light and stiff, but gives like PE over rocks. It is in beautiful condition and turns heads the limited times I have had it on the water. The pictures do not do it justice. Joel McCune had a time 30 seconds faster than the other OC competitors racing in this boat. It is an X class winner for sure. Sad I didn't make it to nationals this year. Comes with the original Robson airbags (not pictured, Red, slick) $1200.00 obo

Millbrook Kyote. Beautiful, well kept, hand numbered. I have NEVER paddled a boat as dry as this. I will sell it with airbags if you like, but you won't need them. The flared bow (sort of Mohawk-style to the extreme) bobs up over EVERYTHING. $700 Fast boat. Fast. She holds many secrets. I still feel I was learning how to get better performance out of the design every time I was out. Attains like a Greenboat. The fiberglass work (25lbs?) is impressively durable. I hit some rocks, but the hull looks the same as the day I bought it. previously owned by Mark Poindexter; it has seen some competition. It will style the USNWC. Nice outfitting, sculpted kneecups.

Boats are in Asheville, NC

Photos: https://picasaweb.google.com/1050311225 ... directlink

Enjoy these unique boats!
caverdan
Pain Boater

Re: Esquif Prelude (cheap!) ROBSON HOMES (Rare!) Millbrook K

Post by caverdan »

What would you like to get for the Prelude? I live in Asheville.
avlclimber
C Guru

Post by avlclimber »

Prelude is sold.
avlclimber
C Guru

Post by avlclimber »

Bump.

Kyote and Robson still for sale.

Exciting photos here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1050311225 ... s6a_Ie1qQE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

What size person is the Kyote designed for?
avlclimber
C Guru

Post by avlclimber »

hmm, KAZ?

It is a long boat, so by modern standards it floats high and goes super fast. I know that the boat is very narrow (I can measure) It certainly held my drip of weight just fine, and the previous owner was in the 150-180 range, I believe. The Kyote was later made into a wider model (the Hooter.) For me the extra speed and responsiveness was a great benefit on the training courses I ran the boat on. It is ridiculously dry.

--Z
poetry_heckler
Pain Boater

Re: Esquif Prelude (cheap!) ROBSON HOMES (Rare!) Millbrook Kyote

Post by poetry_heckler »

(dial tone)

Homes? Are you there, Homes?
ASPIRIN SANDWICH
C1NCR
C Boater

Post by C1NCR »

Specs on the Robson Homes. Not familiar with the design but may be interested.
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

If you look this thread is almost 10 years old - I suspect the boats have been sold for a bit (and perhaps several times!)
Keep the C!
Adam
poetry_heckler
Pain Boater

Post by poetry_heckler »

Adam!

Yeah, I know it's old, and I figured they were gone. I like poking around, was trying to find a Finkenmeister, and this came up when I searched for Robson.

I like talking with people about boats. I miss being on the river.
ASPIRIN SANDWICH