looking for c-1 creek paddle

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Marshall
c

looking for c-1 creek paddle

Post by Marshall »

looking for a pretty stout 58" spoon blade canoe paddle, wood shaft, wood or carbon/wood blade. Anybody know any retired canoe/c-1 boaters who would have an old paddle?
chuck naill
CBoats Addict

clinch river paddle

Post by chuck naill »

call Bailey and get the best wooden creeker paddle around. 8)

Bailey (Clinch River) is reachable only at 865-986-9387
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

another thought....

Post by PAC »

Keith makes a darn good stick too! You can see his work at the bottom of http://cboats.net/paddles.shtml .
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
Marshall
c

Post by Marshall »

I agree, Bailey's are excellent. But there's a waiting list. I'd really like to find a used one out there...58" spoon.
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

Definately a Clinch... I just ordered a shorter paddle (54') to use in my c-1. The 57" I have been using for my OC is too long and I have a twang in my shoulder. Bailey's paddles l-a-s-t.
chuck naill
CBoats Addict

paddle

Post by chuck naill »

tell him louie and chuck said to put you to the front of the waiting list. Also, the one I have his his own design which has the top part of the blade cut away to take out weight sense it is the bottom that is actually in the water. 8)
Atucky
CBoats Addict

what's the price of these sticks?

Post by Atucky »

what's the price of these sticks?
dixie_boater
C Guru

I just placed an order with Bailey

Post by dixie_boater »

Atucky,

My paddle will cost $267.50 with S & H. He just started making a group of paddles. If you call him right away he may be able to add an order to this group of paddles. He prefers to make them in groups as it obviously saves on set-up time for each stage of paddle manufacture. I don't know how many he is making on this run. He got back from Colorado two weeks ago and called me to confirm which blade design he is going to use for my paddle. I hope to get mine in a month or so. I don't care how long it takes for him to make it ( I've got other sticks to use). I want a good, durable stick for creeking and cruising and am willing to wait.

My paddle will have the carbon covered blade with a shaft sleeve, resin tip and my name on the blade. I would recommend getting the covered blade and shaft. It will last much longer with these features.

Michael
Atucky
CBoats Addict

seems reasonable

Post by Atucky »

Seems very reasonable for a custom tuff stick. I'm gana give him a call.

Thanks,

Adam