Mave(n)

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Mave(n)

Post by Sir Adam »

Mave(n)
by Sir Adam
Greetings...

Sat. morning I woke up, walked out the door at 5:30 am, and cut my boat in half <insert grin here>. A saws-all seems to be the tool of choice (NOT than angle grinder a kayakist recommended). Film being dropped of today, so hopefully by the end of the week there will be some images up on CBoats.net.... The Maverick is now 10' long, still 29ish wide, but MUCH slicier (I was able to plow squirt OK when I float tested it). This evenings agenda-make the seams match better, and start sanding them down so I can glass the seams later this week:).

C-ya IN the Rivah!
Sir Adam of Maven (or Ick...)
Posted on May 28, 2002, 6:33 AM

tool of choice
by creed
next time try angle grinder with a "slicer" blade made by Metabo - costs about $1.50 and cuts kevlar like it was hot butter - a well as fingers
Posted on May 28, 2002, 6:55 AM

Thanks!
by Sir Adam
The Saws-all did great, but it was more like "warm" butter than "hot" butter, so to speak:) I suspect it's a bit easier to get straight lines with an angle grinder, too....

Any hints on inside seams other than the ol' stick method?? I'm planning on vinyl taping the outside seams, glassing the inside seams, then glassing the outside seams (after removing the tape, of course!)....

C-ya IN the Rivah!!
Sir Adam of Mave(n)
Posted on May 28, 2002, 7:59 AM
Keep the C!
Adam