need info on creek boats

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

need info on creek boats

Post by Sir Adam »

need info on creek boats
by dick
what are people using? What do you like/dislike. I want a real creek boat(blunt ends and volume but not wicked slow). has anyone tried the blunt or any of the prijon boats(kompressor, or embudo)? i wish we could demo boats as easily as kayakers can. as much info as possible on any boats people are creeking in.
thanks!
d
Posted on May 29, 2002, 1:53 PM

Creek Boats
by Brian
I have seen the necky blunt and the prijon embudo as kayaks during creek runs. I like the embudo much better. This is even more true if you intend to overnight with it. The rear cockpit rim of the blunt is lower than the embudo so storing gear behind the seat takes more work. The embudo also has a great looking deck with nice features. As an aside, the kayaking outfitting on the embudo is outstanding. As well, for overnight the prijon has no pillars so gear storing is easier. Both cockpits should work for a C1. I know that the embudo will work since I have kneed in one b/c I was thinking about converting one to a C1. The embudo also has release edges on the hull. I can not recall if the blunt has release edges or not but either way they the embudo's release chine is greater.
I used a prijon chopper as a C1 since it is faster than the embudo. I would consider an embudo and if you do please email me with your opinion!
Good Luck.
Posted on May 29, 2002, 2:42 PM

creek C1s
by scoot
I have a salto. great boat.

havn't paddled a blunt but have heard it works well as a c1. dagger redline is great but leans more to playful river runner than creek boat unless you are light weight.
Posted on May 30, 2002, 6:28 AM

Creekers
by Bryant
Look at last years Riot BigGun with D-3 outfitting. NOC and other stores have them for $600 new or Expedition model for a little more. BigGun is fast upstream, ferrys well, easy to paddle. Handles big water better than a lot of creek boats such as CFS. Surfs a lot like a playboat due to flat ends. Plastic is better than most. Chek Boatertalk Reviews.
Converts to C-1 easy due to being very deep.
Posted on May 30, 2002, 1:45 PM
Keep the C!
Adam