What have you learned about your paddling in 2005

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

ha ha ha ha squeakyknee, you learned at least 3 of those just yesterday :D Thanks for saving my foamie after my bad throw :-? Your foamie was WAY cooler than mine. Especially those cross-strokes :D
squeakyknee
CBoats Addict

poor poor foamie

Post by squeakyknee »

No problem :D .
For all we know my foamy is on its way to the Chesapeake Bay :o .
I'm already working on a new one.
It looks like the App. is still runnin.4.7 this afternoon.
If it stays wet this week,might be able to catch it again Sat.?
Interested?Maybe I can Find My OC-1 Foamie
Shawn
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

I'm on call this weekend, but I can paddle Friday.
Jim
C Guru

Learnt sumthin'

Post by Jim »

I learned that good paddlers are amazingly good, and I still cannot figure out how they do it. I went to the OC Nationals for the first time and there were lots of people who could just fly down a river with great finesse. Wow- there's lots for me to learn.

I also learned that Nationals are a GREAT family vacation. It is also an opportunity to share the river with the greats of the paddling world. Example- I got there all wound up and nervous. As I put on the river Kaz paddled up and said "come on, I will show you the lines out there" and off we went for a coaching session. Other paddlers were also generous with their advice, boats and even their beer.

North Carolina will be my family's big vacation trip in '06. It is looking really attractive after clearing snow at -10 deg F this morning.
Jim
CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

Post by CosmikDebris »

Yeah, I tried a Huka in NZ and almost died several times. It handrolled well though!