Good River Running OC1

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Col
Pain Boater

Good River Running OC1

Post by Col »

Hi,

What is a good river running OC1 to get for solo? I currently have a Spanish Fly as my river runner but i want something a little more punchy for holes and something that tracks a little better.

What boat is Sammer Elias using in his guide, it looks sweet?

Happy boating everyone.

Col
C - UNIT..!
NSOC1
C Boater

Post by NSOC1 »

I believe it shows him using a Mad River Outrage (The blue one), and an Esquif Detonator(Short Yellow one)---There are a couple of pictures of someone in an Ocoee.

The Outrage is a great boat, stable and quick, but large compared to many newer designs. The Detonator is a flat bottomed boat that surfs well, but is very slow, however very maneuverable. ----Haven't used an Ocoee but have not heard any negative reveiws.

Another boat to check out is the Esquif Spark, very maneuverable, fast, but not much of a play boat---designed for slalom racing, the only thing is it doesn't have the same kind of secondary stability as the Outrage.

Nate
Martyn
Pain Boater

Post by Martyn »

I'd certainly check out the Spark.

If you paddle a lot of shallower stuff, check out a Prelude. It will be slower than the Spark but more durable.
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

The Spark rocks. Paddles a little different, but is a hoot. Search on here for other reviews.