New Wave Cruise Control as C1??

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

jnorto01
C Guru

New Wave Cruise Control as C1??

Post by jnorto01 »

I got a hold of a composite New Wave Cruise Control in bare hull state and am planning on setting it up as a C1. I had it in the pool last night to figure out the saddle position, which is going to need to be way forward in the cockpit. Has anyone had experience with this boat as a C1. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Jim Norton.
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Nice!

Post by Sir Adam »

I have not paddled a cruise control as a C1 personally, but I know quite a few folks did and it was considered a good boat (as a cruiser) for a conversion.

I would trim it slightly stern heavy...it will keep the bow up better when surfing, and make stern squirts easier:)
Keep the C!
Adam
jnorto01
C Guru

Post by jnorto01 »

Thanks for the info. I was going to try to get the saddle another 0.5 inch forward, but with your suggestion I'll install were I marked it last night. Water was washing over the stern deck right behind the cockpit with the tail sticking out nicely (the tail has a lot of rocker). I was forced to get out after sinking the boat due to not having a skirt yet :o Stern squirts should be easy to do in this boat as the back end is really low volume. I few people have warned me that this boat will try to stern squirt by itself. Jim
TommyC1
C Guru

Post by TommyC1 »

My friend Harry was paddling a plastic Cruise Control last spring.
http://community.webshots.com/album/329413347URtgKw
Coming from a Cascade he liked the performance of of the Cruise Control except that the stern was going down unexpectedly.
He goes around 150 lbs which I'd guess would be close to ideal for that boat.