What is the tallest waterfall anyone on here...

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Dooleyoc-1
CBoats Addict

What is the tallest waterfall anyone on here...

Post by Dooleyoc-1 »

has run in an open boat?

I noticed in a post below that Jan in BC ran a 25'-30' vertical drop. I guess the tallest single vertical drop I've done is around 23'.

The two biggest I've heard of anyone running in a canoe are Steve Frazier running 55' Compression Falls on the Elk in NC and Jim Little running 35' Twisting Falls on the Elk in NC. Both of them broke their backs (compressed vertaba)
Remoteproductions
Pain Boater

Kootenai Falls

Post by Remoteproductions »

I shot footage of Eli Helbert and Phil Footi dropping this big water MT classic (25-30'). What an honor it was to paddle with these two.
David Nickerson
Pain Boater

15 footers: Wonder Falls, Agers

Post by David Nickerson »

I topped out at Wonder Falls (Big Sandy Falls) on the Big Sandy in WV. I think that's a 15 footer. As a fairly new boater, that was a blast.

Agers (also 15'?) on the Moose in NY was equal fun with a lot less fear years later.

Milt's Paddlesnake videos feature some terrifying OC big drop carnage. That's part of why I opt out of paddling with him outside of the Gauley. I don't want to be his new Carnage King.

Looking forward to paddling this spring!

-David
dixie_boater
C Guru

Paddlin' with Milt

Post by dixie_boater »

David,

Since Don Kinser, the former King of Carnage, has taken up butt boating Milt needs a new subject for his videos :) I've found that he doesn't always put clips of your worst run/swim in his videos. Fortunately he has left out my swim he taped at Soc-em-Dog. If he videos your run you can watch then later at the restaurant. Very entertaining :D

Michael
Michael McCurdy
Dooleyoc-1
CBoats Addict

Post by Dooleyoc-1 »

Can you post pics or vids of eli and phils runs?
mex_oc
C Boater

Post by mex_oc »

i've done several of the water falls on rio micos on san luis potosi here in mexico, they said that the bigues vertical fall is arround 10 mts. (33 fts) i think.
Also some falls in the alseseca river (also know as the tomto) in veracruz non of them was over 8 mts. (26 ft).
Remoteproductions
Pain Boater

Kootenai Falls

Post by Remoteproductions »

Dooley....I'll try to get some pics posted. We used 3 cameras and the footage is sweet. It's looking like I'm out for the season due to 3 herniated discs (ouch). I'm looking to put together some more OC Creeking footage, so PLEASE anyone interested in running some CO Creeks this spring let me know. It's time the world sees what OCers are capable of. Email me remoteproductions@yahoo.com