I got my Tom Foster DVD

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

ChrisKelly
CBoats Addict

I got my Tom Foster DVD

Post by ChrisKelly »

and think it is very good. He really focused my attention on paddling in the front of the boat and on lifting the side of opposition. Expressinf it that way gave me good insight. it is an excellent teaching/learning tool. Chris Kelly

PS Sadly, he is an old fart (like me) and it also made clear that we are, to some extent, a species approaching extinction.
Mikey B
CBoats Addict

Got mine too

Post by Mikey B »

Got mine to...thanks to Kaz.
I was a little worried it would be geared too much for beginners, but I picked up a couple useful tips...well worth the $19.95
Excellent resource.
kaz
Millbrook Boats - CBoats.net Sponsor

Post by kaz »

Glad you guys like it. Unfortunately I had to raise the price to $22 to cover shipping expenses, but still reasonably priced.
JKaz
Jim Michaud
CBoats Addict

Post by Jim Michaud »

PS Sadly, he is an old fart (like me) and it also made clear that we are, to some extent, a species approaching extinction.
I hope that you're talking for yourself, Chris. I'm not about to become extinct just yet (I hope). :cry:

After watching Tom's video I learned a lot. It makes me wish that I had taken lessons from Tom long ago. I've watched parts of the video over and over many times. :)

Another old fart
ghetto johnny
C Guru

Post by ghetto johnny »

where can i get a copy?
vhs or dvd?
john c.
cincy,ohio
kaz
Millbrook Boats - CBoats.net Sponsor

Post by kaz »

ghetto,
Check details on www.millbrookboats.com
JK
ChrisKelly
CBoats Addict

To Jim M. I meant me but

Post by ChrisKelly »

I am afraid that our little niche in whitewater sport is aging and shrinking. You though are an inspiration to those of us who won't be 60 until WAY later this year. chris
OC1_SURFER
Pain Boater

Post by OC1_SURFER »

Just watched it. Initial reaction: WOW!!! Why didn't somebody tell me about this stuff 20 years ago. There's an old saying: "Ya can't teach old dogs new tricks". Well, this is one old dog that is certainly gonna try to learn some.

T. Prater
Jon
C Guru

WOW!

Post by Jon »

I got the book in the mail first and read it, and it was interestiing and there were some things that I learned, but then the DVD finally came in the mail and now I understand about steering from the bow and boat lean and why my boat does what it does, and now I have the start of a proper forward stroke! I have been practicing on a pond and can't wait to try the stuff out on moving water. Awesome! Highly recommended!
Martyn
Pain Boater

Post by Martyn »

Hey Jon,

I'm assuming you are the same Jon as pulls lawyers out of trees, or would if you could get there. Are you bringing the DVD on the course? I would be really interested to see it.

Thanks,

Martyn