WOR

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

WOR

Post by Mike W. »

Who's going to Week of Rivers? I'm driving out either Tuesday or Wednesday & paddling through Saturday. I'm taking the OC & the master cut Acrobat. I'm hoping to find the mystery move spot in Bryson City.
jscottl67
CBoats Addict

Post by jscottl67 »

I'll be heading up early in the week, paddling Friday through Sunday AM before heading home. Some of the guys I'm going with will be there until Monday. Taking the Ocoee and the Cascade.

Jeff
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

WOR

Post by billcanoes »

I'm meeting someone at noon on Saturday. so I could be at Wilson Creek at two if anyone is interested in hitting it on the way to WOR- you might want a plastic boat below -5.5 which is the lowest I've taken the Zephyr on it. I'll also be there tomorrow, and maybe Fri. I know David and Shawn are also going to WOR-

Mike I had seen your post on CCC about the squirt spot- I'm not positive but I thought it was the Dillsboro section- I had seen a squirt boat there before, the guys house was right next to the wave, its too really small drops and then there is a beach to the left. and a house up the hill. though the river was really low the last time I ran it.
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

The mystery spot is park & play in town. I know it won't be as much fun as we had on the Cheat, but I'm looking forward to checking it out. Here are the directions that I was given:

"Go into bryson city from 74 right at the light, left at the light, right at the light. Go down and park in front of the mill. Walk across to the island at the end of the street. 1st spot is under the slalom gates. 2nd is down at the bottom of the next riffle.
If the water is below a 1000 then the bottom spot is the best.
have fun I've been there about 6 times now and had great mysteries every time."

There is video here:
http://media.putfile.com/The-Dips

I'm on call this weekend & won't leave here till Tuesday or Wednesday.
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

Ah - that spot is "Devils Dip" and was the nemesis of many a racer the first time I was there (12 years ago?) but didn't seem so bad the last time I was there (6 years ago?). I think there must be another spot on the stretch from Dillsboro like Bill mentions - what he described sure sounds familiar. When I paddled that stretch last year at high water I remember seeing an Acrobat on the side of the river... If it is up, I'd check that run out - it's not long, maybe 1 - 1.5 hours.
dillonpro
Pain Boater

WOR

Post by dillonpro »

I will be there from July 1st through the 8th. We will be staying at the Smokey Mountain Meadows Campground with a bunch of the CCC group. We have a group of 6 from Oklahoma coming over but I'm the only single-blader in the group. I'll be paddling my 255 H3 but I will also bring along my Aftershock to put in the sell block. I'm sure we'll be around the Travel Trailer each evening so give us a holler if your out and about.
Larry D
Better Living Thru Chemistry