Can anyone post a picture of the Splash canoe

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Wendy
Paddling Benefactor

Can anyone post a picture of the Splash canoe

Post by Wendy »

We have some families that would love to have a canoe for their children, but I can find no pics.
Thanks.
adamin
CBoats.net Staff

Ok..

Post by adamin »

I'll see what I can do tonight, one way or another. I have images, and info, but life (we're finishing an edition on the house) has kept me jumping (other than the Armada I haven't even been in a boat :cry: )
msims
CBoats Addict

Post by msims »

I'm pretty sure it was also in the 2nd last available rapid mag issue - AL can confirm... If so, it should be available at www.rapidmedia.ca - close to the end..
________
Video Review
Last edited by msims on Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Here you go

Post by Sir Adam »

WOW. These are great images:)

and info from Al Greve:

The Splash is 7’- 10” long, max beam 25”, depth 13”, weight including outfitting 39lbs, made of carbon/Kevlar which is vacuumed bagged and baked. Air tanks are S -class and Kevlar. Small dry storage compartments are option in bow & stern tanks. Weight rang of paddler is 60-110lbs

This, along with new images of the Shaggy Designs boats will get uploaded eventually.

Thank you all for your continued patience!
Adam
Wendy
Paddling Benefactor

Wow what a great boat

Post by Wendy »

I will link this to our Alabama site. Thanks!
We have rain, oh- and a few tornados.
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

ohh baby, what a cool boat! ..i used to wish i was 25 again, now i wish i was 10... i want one!

:D .... with something like that available, there is no excuse for any of you guys to stick your kids in a kayak (that other thread with you all talking about putting your kids in kayaks was making me ill.:evil:)

now, all is good. go grow some canoers!
Larry
fez
CBoats Addict

wunderful

Post by fez »

really wonderful
I wish i could get one for my daughter :cry:
imagine
squeakyknee
CBoats Addict

Post by squeakyknee »

Where can I get one and how much?
I've got a 9 yr old that I was going to put in a kayak this year,but would rather put her in an OC-1.. :D
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

MAN! us 'large gentlemen' could REALLY throw that thing around :P

At my weight I think I'd need a pretty high volume bilge pump :wink:
Open Gate
C Guru

Post by Open Gate »

squeakyknee wrote:Where can I get one and how much?
I've got a 9 yr old that I was going to put in a kayak this year,but would rather put her in an OC-1.. :D
The CREATOR is Al Greve give him a buzz canoewater@netscape.ca They retailed at $1,610.00 CAN last summer, same price then a new outfitted canoe.

My 6 year old give it a few tries last summer(on flat water naturally) and it was really great to see his strokes have such impact on the direction of the canoe. Great for his learning curve 8)

As far as a big guy throwing it around, nope... water line way too unstable when overloaded...believe me :lol:
Would be very interesting to see a small man or woman that fit the weight category give this a try. And ladies portaging just got easy !

Give the Bulldog a try instead. Same material and similar design from composite creations. I had a chance to beat one up on the Basse Métabétchouane(Class III, IV) in Saguenay-Lac St-jean region(QC) last summer and it behaved really well. Light, fast great for river running !

Keep up the good work guys !
Gaétan Lacroix
Splash - Québec sales rep
cc
c

Thanks from Splash headquarters

Post by cc »

Hello everyone,

Its been a over the top experience, designing, building and getting kids into these little boats.

I will be posting more photos of the Splash and various paddlers, giving their all as we have even got word and visual comfirmation,
of 7 year kids pulling their rolls of on flat water, with min. time actually in the boat.

Others attempting their first slalom races in Minden Ontario Canada this past Sept 9/10 2006.

While other youth paddleing down the middle channel of the Ottawa and getting a feel for what it is to be independent, attempting surfs, side surfs, a few wet exits, and these amazing features on a river called a green tongue,......only to be a arms length away from Mom and Dad. ( I don't know who has got the bigger smiles in some of these pictures the kids or the parents)

Thanks to everyone in the various threads around the internet, the feed back has been awesome!!!

Our Composite Creations website will be up shortly as we work out a few gliches. Links to Canoe Water Adventering.ca / Al Greves should be live anytime now.

We will do our best to answer all your questions, and hope to see you on the water real soon

Andy Phillips
Al Greve
C Guru

Post by Al Greve »

You people don't know how happy I am about the responses for and about the Splash. Its a pretty big deal for me to get these kids in canoes at a much younger age then ever before. Its not the adults that are proving this idea works, its the kids !!!!! A number of these kids running in ages from 7 to 12 years old are ripping up class II/III water with confidence and skill sets. As I said in the kids OC1 thread, its not only mine but others as well that can roll these boats, and I'm sure mine will have her offside next time we hit the water. Even how they learn is much more different then adults..... I couldn't believe how hard our oldest could drop into a tight center eddy then ferry out to grab her next eddy on the Gull. A number of the adults were having a problem making this move and she just made it look like it was another day at the office! :wink:

The really cool thing about this whole idea is that even MKC has jumped on board as its offering it's first Junior solo open canoe( Splash ) program next year. It will be a five day program running the second week of Aug. 2007. WAY COOL !!!!! :D Thats not to say that the kids have to be in a Splash, but they will have rentals. My two daughters will be there forsure !!! :wink:

Al Greve

Canoe Water Adventuring
24650 Dodge Dr.
Strathroy On.
N7G-3H5
Ph. 519-246-1667
Fax. 519-246-1277
email canoewater @ netscape .ca
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

more...

Post by PAC »

Link to Rapid magazine and the splash...
https://www.rapidmedia.com/onlineissues ... ll/44.jpg?
Or go to their site and look at the summer version page 45 (i think) and you can look at the artical online through a pdf. :-)
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
Al Greve
C Guru

Post by Al Greve »

I`ve had the odd person mention that the $1600.00 CND. was alot of money, well yes it is, none of us have money trees growing in our back yard. ( Ok there's a few that have money plants. 8) )There's one thing that I havn`t made that clear, and that is these boats are fully outfitted ready for junior to jump in and paddle away. So if you were to compare.....lets say a Zephyr at $1600.00 CND plus to fully outfit it would run you another $400.00 plus, you,ve now got a $2000.00 into the boat. Just food for thought? :wink:

But don't forget that Grand Dad is sitting at home with all that disposable income ....... :wink:
Mr.DeadLegs
CBoats Addict

Kid canoe us dollars vs canoodian

Post by Mr.DeadLegs »

Isn't 1600 cdn about 32.50 Us. LOL just posted this to bring it to the front of the list the photos are great. See you in Lanoir.