Green C

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Green C

Post by sbroam »

Nice pictures of a C-1er (Brian Miller) on the Green (Narrows, near Saluda NC) :

http://www.effort.tv/blog.htm

There's an incredible shot of a fully committed cross forward stroke in class V+ the likes of which I'm not sure I've pulled off even in class II.
msims
CBoats Addict

Post by msims »

Wow. Watch the video, too. This is the second vid I've seen of C1 creeking that makes it looks so easy I almost want to try it myself ;-) Incredible paddler! That photo is amazing as well.

The other video that I was amazed at was the c1 slalom champ in the US paddling the horsepasture river somewhere in Tentuckyland...

Mike.
________
FERRARI WIKI HISTORY
Last edited by msims on Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

Horsepasture in Tentucklyland? The one I know that is a noted run is in South Cackalacky. I'll check out the video at home...
jscottl67
CBoats Addict

Post by jscottl67 »

Wow!! Maybe one day I'll be able to pull off some runs like that...hahahahahaha!! OK...so probably not, but as easy as he makes it look...I might eventually have to try :)
msims
CBoats Addict

Post by msims »

sbroam wrote:Horsepasture in Tentucklyland? The one I know that is a noted run is in South Cackalacky.
That's the one! Sorry, my ignorance of US state's shines yet again. Did you know Canajians like to appologize alot too? But do you remember the vid? That's a crazy river.

<edit> Here's the horsepasture c1 vid. Crazy stuff.
http://shanesliquidlogic.blogspot.com/2 ... dling.html
________
Mercedes-benz fintail history
Last edited by msims on Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

No apologies needed, my knowledge of Canadian geography is probably a lot worse than yours of ours. I thought maybe there was another stream by that name. The Green is an almost local run around here, though that dpesn't mean I'll ever run that section...
Jan_dettmer
CBoats Addict

Post by Jan_dettmer »

That looks awesome. I have seen a lot of Green footage before but this was pretty cool with the helmet cam. Hopefully I'll make it down there sometime.

Cheers, Jan
Is there something like an expert kayaker?
http://www.bc-ww.com
Alden
CBoats Addict

boatin

Post by Alden »

Good lord, Spencer ran Nutcracker!

Alden
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

Ha! I know Ray Cotton = Raymond Cotton = Bubba = heckuva guy and a heckuva paddler.

Watched the video and thought for the first 30 seconds or so - "Piece of cake! I'll go next weekend" :o Brian sure did make it look easy...
CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

Re: boatin

Post by CosmikDebris »

Alden wrote:Good lord, Spencer ran Nutcracker!

Alden
Looked worthwhile didn't it? One day when they were scouting that, I watched Cluck run the right side of Nutcracker where the california line used to be. I would say "used to be" is still the applicable description of that line. You going to come down for the race? I'm out on the racing season now because I got hit by an old lady in a while cadillac while riding my bike 2 weeks ago and bruised my brain up. Doc says I can't paddle for another 3 weeks or so at least, but you should come down. I think Cluck, Hepp, Miller, Chris Houston, and perhaps a few other's will be out there representing strong. And the Russell Fork Race is the weekend before, Jay's feeling lucky someone needs to come give him a run for his money!
Will
Alden
CBoats Addict

boatin

Post by Alden »

Hey Will,
I think I am going to try to make it down for the race, although I don't think I'm quite ready to race it yet. Almost - but seeing as my Green Narrows run total (and Gorilla run total) is under ten . . . I'm interested to see the race though. That sucks about the injury! Hope you get better. That line at Nutcracker looked horrible.
Alden
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Will hope your feeling better soon so you can apply the pressure! :-) Best of...
Paul C.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
Alden
CBoats Addict

boatin

Post by Alden »

Will,

One day this summer just above Boof or C I saw a train of boaters fly past, including a C-1er in a Blunt with a white paddle. Is that Chris Houston?

Alden
CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

Post by CosmikDebris »

Alden,
Perhaps, he has like a green/orange blunt and wears one of those "Sweet" helmets. He always has a different paddle, but he's the only other Blunter I know out there.
-Will
Alden
CBoats Addict

boatin

Post by Alden »

Is the race really the weekend of Nov 4th? This is what someone just told me. If so, I have another commitment. Arrrrg . . .
Alden