Roll Class in Asheville?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

philinasheville
C Guru

Roll Class in Asheville?

Post by philinasheville »

Anyone know of a roll class in Asheville, particularly where c-boaters might be? Just converted a Pyranha Sub 7 and now it's time to learn how to roll it!

-phil
driftwood
C Guru

try the colleges

Post by driftwood »

My school (Warren Wilson) has a roll session but it is not open to the public. I know UNC-A has been building there outdoor program so you might try there.

Wood
Will dance for rain
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

Rolling

Post by billcanoes »

Phil

do you want to meet on the Lower Green- first bridge to wave train or 2nd bridge- I can roll but thats about all

if you can go early on a weekday I can too- I would need to be dressed and off the river by 12:30 to get to work on time so it would need to run Midnight to Midnight

I have my son the next few weekends

Bill
704-604-6687
Atucky
CBoats Addict

hey

Post by Atucky »

Phil and Bill,

If you guys get together, do the whole paddle swap thing for me that didn't work out the other week!

Thanks!

AdamT
AYockey
C Guru

Downtown YMorWCA

Post by AYockey »

I know the downtown YMorWCA had one but not so many c-boaters except for me. But I'm in NY now, sorry.
"The mark of a successful man is one that has sat at his favorite playspot all day without feeling guilty about it."
-Modified Chinese Proverb
summer
c

Rolling

Post by summer »

Phil,
UNCA and the Asheville YMCA both have evenings open for rolling. I believe YMCA is on Friday nights and UNCA is on Wednesday or Thursday nights. I live near the Asheville Airport but I go down to Spartanburg on Wednesday night to roll. If you want more information on it let me know.

bsummerfield@bellsouth.net

Brent
summer