Voyageur Liquidated?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

milkman
C Maven

Voyageur Liquidated?

Post by milkman »

I sent an air bag back to Voyageur to the only address I could find for them on the web (the dealer I had bought the bag from was out of business). I got a letter back from Confluence/Watersports that said "Voyageur has been liquidated and is no longer." Does this mean no more Voyageur air bags? Anyone know anything?
Jon Serfas
C Boater

Post by Jon Serfas »

:o
Last edited by Jon Serfas on Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
JON SERFAS
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

Last time I went to the Voyageur site :
http://www.voyageur-gear.com/

it was to look for airbags - if they are there, I couldn't find them, much less any pricing information. No links to online dealers, either...

The Harmony site does not show any canoe gear :

http://www.harmonygear.com/

The last couple of times I bought airbags, they were Harmony brand, though from Sierra Trading Post or at the GAF flea market. Who still makes airbags? NRS?
padlcnu
c

Voyageur site

Post by padlcnu »

Using your link to their site - the bags are under saftey on the fourth page. the delaer locater is right at the top of the page.
Jon Serfas
C Boater

Post by Jon Serfas »

:o
Last edited by Jon Serfas on Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
JON SERFAS
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

:( This is too bad, because so far I have NOT found an alternative supplier of flotation bags as LIGHT and as DURABLE as my Voyageur nylon bags.

I am fortunate to also own three of the slide-closure, inflation tube Voyageur storage bags. I am not revealing my address, lest you poor suckers try to steal them.
noobopenboater
Pain Boater

Post by noobopenboater »

NOC has airbags in their online store. and there is a guy on ebay that has new in package dagger floatation bags for $15 but he only has 72" :(
milkman
C Maven

Post by milkman »

Well, I don't want to cause a panic, but I just went to the Voyageur website contact page and called the phone number they gave there. I got Confluence--the nice folks that sent me the letter saying they couldn't fix my air bag and that Voyageur had been liquidated. (To be fair, I had bought the bag really cheap from Mohawk back when they were going out of business. That made the warranty a bit unclear ... but I did have a receipt.) Anyway, I didn't hang on for all the recorded options. But I did send an email to the Voyageur email address. It came back "mail delivery failed."

Hopefully, some part of the Confluence operations will still keep selling the Voyageur product line. Time will tell. In the meanwhile, because I've been wanting to replace some old air bags, I bought some Voyageur bags at my local paddling store. I would like to think in the future these same nylon bags would continue to be available.
sdbrassfield
Supporting Paddler

Post by sdbrassfield »

All,

Try Gaia paddlesports. I think they have free shipping on orders over $50 right now. I bought a pair of 60" bags for the Prophet last season and they have held up very well. Friend of mine has a pair of 48" bags in his Detonator and they have held up well for 3 seasons.

I am a diehard harmony and voyaguer bag user. They are in my other three ww boats, but the gaia's have held up very well and actually fill out the bottom and sides of the boat better than the others. They are heavy, nylon, vinyl coated and are not leaky.

http://www.gaiasports.com/store/custome ... hp?cat=260
SYOTR
Plumbpass
C Boater

Gaia float bags

Post by Plumbpass »

Gaia has free shipping for orders over $70. I just bought two 48" 3-D bags for my Outrage.
milkman
C Maven

Post by milkman »

Good tip on what look like good air bags. Thanks!
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

Just received some Gaia nylon bags for the bow of my c-1. They appear to be quite durable, but the diameter to length ratio was not well calculated (too fat), and they are about 1/3 heavier than equivalent Voyageur bags would be. :-?
Mohawk Canoe Stu

Air Bags now Available

Post by Mohawk Canoe Stu »

Mohawk is now selling airbags for open-boaters. Check out the website & click on the accessories page

Stuart
www.mohawkcanoes.com
squeakyknee
CBoats Addict

Post by squeakyknee »

This seems to be an ongoing problem with all of the liquidations/buyouts in the boating industry.
when a company makes a great product, they get bought by some bigger company that has no idea on how to continue the quality. They just see the $$$ and say screw it...
Confluence is the Wal-Mart of Paddlesports.........
Amiga!!