Official March Lenoir City C-Boat Armada post

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Detonator Function
Pain Boater

Post by Detonator Function »

I wish I had a fly as a back up....
Is this a rock I see before me?
rwest

Post by rwest »

I live in Knoxville and would be willing to lead a trip down the Nolichucky this Saturday. I wiill come by the hall on friday afternoon.

Richard
rwest

Post by rwest »

I would also be willing to lead a trip down the Big Southfork.

Richard
Al Greve
C Guru

Post by Al Greve »

How many kid friendly rivers class II ish do you have in the area? Not everyday will the kids be paddling, so on those other days I get to play. :wink:

What time in Lonoir does everyone plan on hooking up before they head out to their rivers?

Its just that we'll be coming in from Wear Valley over by Townsend every day. So I need to factor the that added driving time. We have a cabin rented. Vistors welcome! :wink: Ladies !!! as we have a hot tub on the deck! :D
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

At least two of us are coming up from SC on the 15th or so and staying through Sunday the 18th - so don't get all wore out early!
ChrisKelly
CBoats Addict

Al, take a look at the section of Clear Creek from

Post by ChrisKelly »

Jett to Lily.

It is very class II with one completely avoidable class III rapid at the end and it is only 2.5 miles long. It will also be running near minimum. We will paddle it Saturday as the first part of Clear Creek.

Here is a link.

http://www.americanwhitewater.org/conte ... l/id/1731/

Chris Kelly
Louie

al

Post by Louie »

most all the river have a class II kids run at the bottom with in 15 min of wear valley is the lower little, lower treemont, little pigeon. 45 minutes from wear vally to LC
Al Greve
C Guru

Post by Al Greve »

Perfect!, My youngest gets to try out her new drysuit down there, between her red helmet, red & grey PFD and her red & black drysuit. you won't be able to miss her. A little fire woman! :lol:

Wow... I'm in trouble... my 12 year looked at the pics of Clear Creek ( jett to lily ) and said.... we're going to drive all that way for that?

A good swim will make her a little more humble! :wink:

See on the weekend!
Detonator Function
Pain Boater

I'll be coming up from Dawsonville, GA.

My mom is willing to be a shuttle bunny, but I think it would be fun to OC-2 something with her (something easy, I presume). Anyone have any suggestions for a river to try this out on?

The only thing we are lacking is a drysuit and some other gear (helmet) for her to use for one day... If there's anything I can scrounge up, it would be helpful.
Mr.DeadLegs
CBoats Addict

Post by Mr.DeadLegs »

Cory let me know if she will fit into Jennifers stuff. No problem to bring Helmet, PFD, etc. Dont have dry suit but have spray top and pants if you think they would fit.

Trey
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy large steaming pile of dog doo what a Ride" " Nolan Whitesell
Detonator Function
Pain Boater

Cool, I can get a pfd I think....

She wears medium-large stuff in women's - I think her stuff will work if she wouldn't mind :)
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

Al Greve wrote:Wow... I'm in trouble... my 12 year looked at the pics of Clear Creek ( jett to lily ) and said.... we're going to drive all that way for that?
Al, the way kids skills progresss it won't be long until, upon scouting a rapid, Elisha will tell you: 'Dad, I don't think you should run this!' and thebn hop in her boat and style it :lol: !

martin a.k.a. the great gonzo!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
Heidi
Pain Boater

gear, camping

Post by Heidi »

Detonator Function, I've got a large drysuit your mom is welcome to use, as well as a helmet, PFD and a holey pair of neoprene gloves. Gettin' in Friday the 9th staying all week. Current flexible plan is to stay at the hall, but that will depend on a good nights sleep.

Some info on camp grounds. Melton Hill won't be open until the 17th and they no longer have self administered year round camping.
Yarberry won't open until the 15th.
Lazy Acres is under construction and will not open until late spring.
Cross-eyed Cricket is open year round.
Sweetwater/I-75/Exit 62 KOA is open year round and is a half hour away from Louie's. They also have free internet access.

Heidi
Al Greve
C Guru

Post by Al Greve »

Martin, she already has better style than me. I can remember already three years ago while paddling in the Blast with her, she was gumming me down then, by not liking some of the angles I had set, dropping into eddy to low, the list goes on. Thats why I designed the Splash, I wan't her out of my boat, I con't take it any more! :oops: :cry: :cry: :wink:

Whats Dad to do????
Louie

al

Post by Louie »

I got stories that would tear your heart out, just wait till she makes the Jr. team and you have to drive her all over the country, well in your case proberly two countries.