comic inspired by ain't louiefest

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

pmp
CBoats Addict

comic inspired by ain't louiefest

Post by pmp »

Hi y'all
I was truly inspired by ain't Louiefest. Hope you like this weeks 'toon.as always choose where to see it from this list:
http://bubblestreet.ca/New_Comic_Strip.html

Comments on the comics are always welcome.
later
paul
Gigi
c

Post by Gigi »

Paul,

I wonder where you got that inspiration from. Good picture Falk took of you at the sink, not the one in the boat, the other one. I know he's got a good picture of me too...

Gigi
TommyC1
C Guru

Changing my name to Ed

Post by TommyC1 »

Can I get a copy of that guide book please?
Don't know how many times I've been psyched out by a guide book description only to find the run much easier than I imagined.
Not to dis the guide books or their authors but the rapids never look much like the description either. Maybe I need to learn to read words better?

Gotta love the "happy dancing water". :D

Tommy
pmp
CBoats Addict

ignorance is bliss

Post by pmp »

seriously though I think it has a lot to do with your imagination, I of course read a description and see all kinds of carnage in full cartoon colour. Now Mark makes an effort to hide the guide books. All i wanna know is is it all walkable and no sketchy approaches to mandatory portages. If that criteria isn't met I don't go. Boating is a lot more fun now!
thanks for your comments
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Re: Changing my name to Ed

Post by the great gonzo »

Tommy T wrote:Can I get a copy of that guide book please?
Don't know how many times I've been psyched out by a guide book description only to find the run much easier than I imagined.
Not to dis the guide books or their authors but the rapids never look much like the description either. Maybe I need to learn to read words better?

Gotta love the "happy dancing water". :D

Tommy
Reminds me of my first run down the Upper Yough.
I read the describtion beforehand and was thoroughly convinced that I was going to take the beating of my life, multiple times.
I was a complete nervous wreck at the put-in, but everything turned out fine, by the time we got to National Falls I enjoyed it so much that I actually did the boof.

martin a.k.a. the great gonzo!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
msims
CBoats Addict

Post by msims »

Does the fact that most guidebook writers probably write their guidebooks in their Grumman have anything to do with it?

Present company of possible writers excluded, of course!
yarnellboat
C Maven

Post by yarnellboat »

BC is about to have a new guidebook coming out, replacing a 20-year old tried-and-true stand-by. It'll be really interesting to see how the same runs are described by a new generation.

I hope it doesn't scare me off of too many runs! I do get wary of the "class III+" descriptions that are written by a class V kayaker who has been bored with class III for years and isn't thinking of open boats. At least I hope it doesn't scare me away from runs I've already been doing! :o

PY.