Virtige X - installing qty 2 Attwood 1250 pumps

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

cmnypny
CBoats Addict

Virtige X - installing qty 2 Attwood 1250 pumps

Post by cmnypny »

Greetings,

Just wondering if some one can recommend where to install two Attwood 1250 pumps in my 14 foot Virtige X?

My boat is configured as a solo boat.

Pictures of my boat can be found at http://picasaweb.google.com/cmnypny/MeAndMyGirlfriend

Also what would I use to glue the mounting brackets for the pumps to the boat?

Thanks for any help!

Colin
jim gross
CBoats Addict

yeah , i have a suggestion

Post by jim gross »

Put it in the bottom of the boat.OK now to be helpfull. maybe right behind the pedistle. JIM
Mr.DeadLegs
CBoats Addict

Post by Mr.DeadLegs »

I just mounted my pump behind the MY ped and in front of the rear block that the other end of the foot peg rail is attached to. There is enough room to mount 2 pumps (with minor modification between the aluminum rails). I dug out a void in the ped for the battery. Mount the outlet as near the pump as possible. Then you dont have a hose full of water backwashing in when the pump loses prime.

Trey
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy large steaming pile of dog doo what a Ride" " Nolan Whitesell
Jim Michaud
CBoats Addict

Post by Jim Michaud »

Looking at the pictures of your boat I would suggest putting one pump right in front of your saddle and one behind it. Putting both pumps in back of your saddle won't fully empty your boat due to the boats rocker. I would also suggest not using the pump's mounting plate because this raises the pump even higher. I hold my pumps down by using pieces of webbing to sew 4 loops to a piece of vinyl and placing them around the circumference of the pump. I glue the vinyl in place with Vynabond. I also glue a loop on top of the pump. I then tie the pump down using thin shockcord. Like Mr. Deadlegs said, keep the discharge hose short. I usually have the hose discharge through the side of the boat on my offside so that the water stream doesn't interfere with my paddling.

Jim M
ChrisKelly
CBoats Addict

Putting the outlets amidships is such a good idea.

Post by ChrisKelly »

I did not do it three times and was wrong all three. It makes so much sense. Why use power pushing water an extra 5 feet? Plus, it is hard to place the pipe in the smaller and less accessible stern. I want to change mine but then I must fill the holes in the stern.
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

Ideas for how Chris can fill the hole in his boat :

1. put a smiley face button over it
2. put in a bud vase like in the VW Bugs
3. airhorn to announce when he is entering/leaving an eddy and when he is about to sweep a playboater off of a wave
4. put a spray skirt over it
5. don't fill it - tell folks it is a machine gun port and you are part of the Homeland Defense Force

Anybody else?
ChrisKelly
CBoats Addict

We shudda let you scumbags go when you seceeded.

Post by ChrisKelly »

Here I have a problem. Do I keep it inside? NOOOOOOOO, I share my feelings and look what I get!

COMPLETE AND TOTAL INSENSIVITITY!!!

i AM HURT NOW.