C-1 shirts

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Joey

C-1 shirts

Post by Joey »

hey, i was thinking of making some c-1 t-shirts to bring to the armada. would anyone be interested in them. i would be making them myself, so i need a few bucks to cover cost (no more than $5). i just need an idea of how many to make. i dont really have a design yet, but ill work something out in the next couple of days. i promise it will be cool! anyway, let me know --- joey

ps, if anyone has any good ideas for the shirt, let me know
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Great idea

Post by Mike W. »

Hey Joey,

If somone will let me know when & where to be for the armada I'll buy a shirt. I'm coming up Thursday night or Friday morning, so I'm up for paddling Friday. Where is everyone camping?

I don't think I've ever seen a C-1 T-shirt, so it's kind of hard to go wrong. Look back to page 3, the post entitled "Bumper (boat?) sticker "contest" by Sir Adam. There are bunches of ideas there. I like some of Craig Smerda's ideas:
"Two blades don't make a right!"
"It's "just" like a kayak...except harder!"
Dave also has a couple of good ones:
"Wield thy Single Blade!"
"Twin Blades Do Vex Me!"
I also still really like the C-1 logo at the top left corner of this page. I don't know if it's copyrighted, so you may want to check with Adam.

I'll pay more for a grey or colored shirt than for white.

Mike W.
Space Canoe
C Guru

Post by Space Canoe »

Hey, Joey,
that's such a cool offer! I'm sorry I'm going to miss it. It's just such a great community and it's neat that everybody will be pitching in and chumming around together……
I wish that I could supply a cool saying; everything I've heard so far seems close, but not quite right on. There was something like "2 B1 with your C-1 is A1 " that was sort of cool, though.
Ric Taylor
Space Canoe
C Guru

Go Mike

Post by Space Canoe »

I have to agree with Mike, also; that logo at the top of the screen would be a really neat background for whatever phrase you decide on.
RT
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

C1 Logo

Post by PAC »

I think, but you'd have to ask to make sure, the logo was designed by Scott Wilkinson for the first Concordia in '99.
Here is the link to that page http://www.shadepine.com/concordia/
and Scott's email scott@shadepine.com if still good.
I'd be interested in shirt. :)
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

I'll take two

Post by KNeal »

Put me down for 2 shirts if you do this. I like "Two blades don't make a right" the best. Call me about getting the Hydra up to "Sir" Adam.

KNeal
(804) 405-3767
Aldenb

shirts

Post by Aldenb »

is there any way i could get a shirt if you make them (i wont be at armada)? i would be down with having that c-1 logo on there. i need more cool shirts, my last round of tee-shirts is from middle school soccer camps.
let me know if you do make them,
Alden
Seth

Count me in!

Post by Seth »

I'm deffinately interested.
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

asymetry

Post by sbroam »

A friend of mine has a t-shirt design with the words "Aymetric Paddlers" and a graphic of a c-boater. I'll see if I can get a picture up on the web this evening. If there is interest, I'll see if we can get a few printed up and I can bring them to the armada.

Scott
telewhacker

Logo

Post by telewhacker »

With apologies to K2
"If it were easy, it would be called kayaking"
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Well...

Post by PAC »

Sounds like someone been hanging around K2s to much - But I like it!

I like "C1 B 1" but then Yakers would have to think to hard on that!

Hey I'm game for almost anything done tastefully since it will just bug my K-brotheren that much more! :-)
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
Joey

Post by Joey »

ok, i have it down to three different images. all three are basically the same. they are all of a c-boater with words coming around him. it actually looks really good. the c-1 logo i had to change around a little, because i can only do one color screens (well i could do more colors, but it would take forever). anyway, here are the choices in word that go with the image:
1) north branch armada 2003 (i thought this might be a cool one to do, but i dont know if people want a spacific event)
2) kayaking sucks! (i like this one, but some people dont want to be calling names.)
3) two paddles dont make a right (this one is kind of safe and funny)

so those are the options. i personally like the first two the best. if people cant decide, i could be persuaded into making to different screens, and doing two shirts. it really wouldnt take me that much longer to do. i still dont really know how many to make. i was thinking about 20 or so. i would like to do more, but being the poor college student that i am, i really dont have the money to do that. either way, i am going to bring the screen with me. if i run out, i can go get more shirts or something. i think thats all. let me know peoples opinion on the words. i want to start making these in the next couple days. --- joey[/img]
Don Williams

Post by Don Williams »

Just to hold everyone until the details of the C-1 shirt are worked out is this site http://www.paddlingtees.com/ I bought their C-1 surfer last fall and also picked up some open boat and kayak shirts as Christmas presents.
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Asymetric T's

Post by sbroam »

Richard Creed of Cofitachequi, SC has produced some c-boating shirts and can produce more if there is interest. Whether there is time to get them produced before I leave Thursday is another matter...

Here is a sampling of one design :

http://home.sc.rr.com/thebroams/tshirt.htm

Note - the spelling is intentionally "asymetric" - Richard says two m's would be too symmetrical...

Scott
Kalin
Pain Boater

Count me in!

Post by Kalin »

Joey,

I'm in for a shirt (XL please!) and I'm certain Steve and Dan would like one each as well. (both large probably)

Any logo/slogan is fine but I like the "Two paddles don't make a right" or even better would be "Two Wrongs don't make a right" with arrows pointing to their blades or something.....I dunno. I'd like the NB dates as well. That would be a nice reminder of what is certain to be a wicked weekend! But I"m happy with whatever happens!

Kalin :D