Esquif Paradigm

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

slick
C Boater

Post by slick »

> in response to your two inquiries (front ferry and spinning out),
> I suggest you work on more speed than lean?

Thanks. That makes sense when crossing current, to keep from spinning out headed for the eddy.

Working on the lean has been paying off, though. Making the boat turn (pivot), or in this case to counteract forces that want to make it turn, by leaning one way or the other is something I had not utilized much in the round Outrage. A little pressure on the right knee initiates a left turn, and vice versa. There's a lot of bow in the water and those vertical sides give the water a lot of surface to push on.

Frustration is gradually giving way to "ah ha". --tw
madmike
C Guru

Esquif dealer

Post by madmike »

Well I went out to buy it or the Nitro. Short story. Was quoted one price, drove 2 hours. When I got there these boats were suddenly a lot more expensive. I left them there.
watrwzrd
Pain Boater

Post by watrwzrd »

You will find that at a lot of places.Try to find a used one on this forum or there are many others.Most have a gear for sale area. Just curious
how much was quote and how much for real heheh and where at?
madmike
C Guru

$$

Post by madmike »

First they said $866. This is a GREAT price for any new boat with outfitting. I suppose I should have got my card out right then. When I returned, it was $1100.00 and some change. I kind of lost interest.
watrwzrd
Pain Boater

Post by watrwzrd »

Actually that is a decent price the first was way better hope you find one syotr
Riverken
C Guru

Paradigm

Post by Riverken »

I just bought one and so far I really like it. It has a nice combination of speed and stability and it rolls well compared to most boats I have tried. It spins pretty well flat, and really well with a bit of heel. Angle correction during surfing was a real positive; the boat responds smoothly so that it is easy to dial in your angle. One does have to paddle more aggressively to get over a hard eddy line than one would in in a longer boat, but once you realize that, it isn't hard to do. It does slow down quite a bit with water in it and might not be good the for large paddler (but I am 185, which is hardly small).