Canoe World Series 2008

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Canoe World Series 2008

Post by PAC »

Vote early, vote often!

Personally I'm for Wisp! But I'm sure others across the pond and down south have a location in mind too! Let just get out the vote and let is be know there are few canoes out there! :-)

http://www.canoeworldseries.com/news site to vote!
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
Nate
C Guru

Post by Nate »

It would be AWESOME if that race was at WISP or just in the US period. I'd love to see it at WISP, and go down and watch those top guys race.

Funny, I thought I saw that poll about a month ago and WISP had the lowest percentile (I remember 2 %), but that seems to have changed.

I guess you must have cast a lot of votes, Paul :P

Nate
bearboater
CBoats Addict

Post by bearboater »

okay,
we all have opinions about how places are run, and about how well events would go where.

but as an athlete, that is moving to charlotte, in hopes to use it for it's potential greatness as a training facility that is currently being thrown down the drain. I voted for Charlotte in hopes that the following would occur:

Jeff Wise would wise up, (partially a double entendre) and notice that he is pushing away what the facility was designed for.
Start giving us (Team USA, and Developement Athletes) water time.
Try to aid us in training there instead of making it feel like hades when ever we walk in.
Properly teach river etiquette.
Not implant the idea that we are out there to ruin the fun for the rafters in the minds of the guides.

This year Charlotte held the Junior Wildwater Worlds. It was a junkshow. Flatout. Teams were promised (and paid for) water time, not delivered. the freaking facility wasn't even closed for the event, there were still rafts going down the comp. channel. But this facility is world class. There isn't a better place in the U.S. to train, there are many places i would rather live. But what the facility messes up, the water more than makes up for.

i have trained at both venues, i volunteered at ASCI for 10 days making gates, worked at their booth for Gauley Fest, i love paddling there. But I can't utilize it for 5 months or more of the year. If i end up having to get shoulder surgery this winter, I will not go to europe next year, i will instead stay and train at *both* facilities. They need each other. One is run by idiots, and the other is 4 hours away from anything. if ASCI were open all year, i would be there. but it's not, it is however run by slalom athletes, and paddlers, and people who care about you the paddler. they aren't using the lets make money via rafting plan that Jeff is utilizing. they are first and foremost a facility for the paddler.

whether or not you vote in the canoeworld series website, they are both worth going to look at...

sorry, i got really into thought. But then, being that this is my life, i wake up paddle, work for a paddling company, and then paddle more after work. the problem is there is so much potential at charlotte, and it's being pissed away. we get 1 hour of gate time a day, meaning we can have downstreams in the current (we are always able to have ups in every eddy). 1. thats BS. What the hades am I going to accomplish with 1 hour of gate time a day. we spend 3 to 4 hours a day in a boat, if we can only have gates for 1 of those hours, the rest is not nearly as progressive as time with gates. like i said, it's my life.

Also the new course in germany at Markleeberg-leipzig is flat out rad. they got us beat...
but then again, they have a functioning NGB!!!!
hope all is well.
cheers
-isaac
race boats are so fast, i bet its in the speed wing.