WTB: Makao Jr

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

C1Dub
C Guru

WTB: Makao Jr

Post by C1Dub »

Looking for a used Makao Jr. in decent shape. If you know of one for sale please let me know.

Thanks,

Natalie
bearboater
CBoats Addict

Post by bearboater »

there are 2 in the states.
Jessica Subido in CA
and Tyler Hinton in CO.
neither of which I think are for sale yet. Tyler may change designs.
-isaac
race boats are so fast, i bet its in the speed wing.
Nate
C Guru

Post by Nate »

Natalie,

I'm assuming this means that next year you'll be racing C-1, C-2, OC1, and dropping the kayak altogether? :)

My advice: give up the kayak altogether. Sooner or later you'll figure out that the open boat and C-1 are way better.

Good luck finding a boat.

Nate
C1Dub
C Guru

Post by C1Dub »

Nate,
I'll never give up kayak cause I still do some teaching in it. In my area there aren't to many C1's and if I want to get people into slalom racing I gotta work with kayak still. Particularly for women. Not too many of us in C1 yet. It's a number's game unfortunately. Also when my roll in C1 gets to be as dependable as K1 I'll paddle C1 on harder stuff. Next years race season will be OC1 and OC2Mixed maybe kayak if I want to race a third class. Some of those New England races are very tiring when you race 3. But then you're alot younger than I am so its probably cake for you.

I know there aren't to many Makao Jr's out there but thought I'd put the word out as some of the C1 Jr's get bigger and out grow them I might find one. Then I'll unload my Fanatic.

Happy pool session season,

Natalie
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

I know what you mean by tiring...I took my first swim in a race in years (and my first swim on this course EVER) this past spring...each run was about 10min long (yes, that's the slalom sprint of ol'!), it it was my 4th run of the day.... At least I managed to dump my boat, attain, and complete the course. My time is best left not discussed (and yet I still came in second! What can I say..I REALLY need some competition up here!!).

Good luck on finding a Makao JR:)
Keep the C!
Adam
bearboater
CBoats Addict

Post by bearboater »

natalie,
I forgot Bug Lokken also has one.
I'll tell the kids that you are looking for one, what is your email so I can give it to them?
and as far kayaking, I just bought my first kayak, it's an as of yet unreleased version of the sting from vajda...
cheers
-isaac
race boats are so fast, i bet its in the speed wing.
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Wait a second Nat. Berine just sent an older junior C1 my way for the kids, as did Adam. 2 kids and 2 race c1s.
Since neither of my kids listen to me (surprise, surprise) I'm going to be asking you for teaching / training.
I'm also looking at a faster C2! So maybe the numbers are not as bad as you think! Start thinking of how we can get some training going - KO roll session being the start! :wink:
Paul C.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
C1Dub
C Guru

Post by C1Dub »

Paul,

I'll be happy to teach c1 to your kids. If you want to do a weekend at Bellefonte to start easy in gates, I can do that. I plan on working on my roll in the pool this winter although I'll be going on Sundays and I know that's ski time for you folks. But if you take a Sunday off . . .

You should have snagged the C2 from Bellefonte. It might still be available if you're interested I know the seller and can contact her.

Happy Turkey Day!

Natalie