Whoa! Another Cliveseye video (with severe butt thrashing)

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Whoa! Another Cliveseye video (with severe butt thrashing)

Post by KNeal »

This video is a great example of why it is important to put away that extra training blade (some day you will be without it, even when you want it :o ). Great start with the OC boater :D .

http://homepage.mac.com/cliveseye/iMovieTheater14.html

Enjoy,
KNeal
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

sheesh

Post by sbroam »

Was that first ride intentional? What happened to that last guy? I was getting a bit hypoxic just watching...
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

What it looked like to me...

Post by KNeal »

Scott, your first question about the open boater recalls my trip down the Cheat this past May when several boaters, including our own Warren, voluntarily jumped into Big Nasty to pull off some cool moves (PAC will notice his name was left out of this since I specifically mentioned VOLUNTARILY :wink: ). Everyone except Warren got severely thrashed and parted with their boats. Most of them were quite disoriented when they finally got to shore.

So, it looks to me like that open boater jumped into the hole voluntarily and had a "Big Nasty" moment :o ! To give credit where due, he hung in there, even switching hands to stay on a brace, pulled off some awesome unintended's, and didn't swim 8) . If that were me in there, I would have swum in about 11 seconds (that's about how long I stayed in my boat in Big Nasty two years ago, though I decided to swim after about 3 seconds :roll: ).

Regarding the last boater/swimmer, I carefully reviewed the video at the end because, like you, I wanted to know how that guy faired after being underwater so long. What I saw was him going to the river-left eddy and I saw one of his arms raise up in the air like a swimming stroke, so that indicated to me that he was at least conscious. I cannot speculate as to his condition beyond that. hades of a video.

KNeal
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Well.....

Post by PAC »

Yo, I take exception to that! I VOLUNTARILY went into the meat of that sucker and certainly did not get thrashed! I DECIDED to go into the maul after I KNEW I was not going to make the move across its face! :o I tried the penciling through squirt boat trick and it just doesn’t work in a short play boat. Besides I was only sucked out of the boat and beat for about 5 to 10 seconds – that in my opinion doesn’t count as a thrashing! Only a sever beating! :oops: Let’s get those terminologies correct.
As for the lad at the end of the video – I agree - THAT is a thrashing! As I watched it (a couple times I might add) I think I thought the same as the rest of you – thank god that’s not me!!!! It’s ok to be on video but its bad to be that kind of video (ask Kneal about his BN video :wink: ). However, the OCer impressed me by hanging in there – I too would have gone swimming in short order in there!
As for Warren and Big Nasty – dam show off kid! :) See what happens when you lend someone else one of your boats!! It makes you look bad!! :( However, watching Warren play while the Ks just sat on there butts and watched was nice to see! 8)
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Well.....

Post by PAC »

Yo, I take exception to that! I VOLUNTARILY went into the meat of that sucker and certainly did not get thrashed! I DECIDED to go into the maul after I KNEW I was not going to make the move across its face! :o I tried the penciling through squirt boat trick and it just doesn’t work in a short play boat. Besides I was only sucked out of the boat and beat for about 5 to 10 seconds – that in my opinion doesn’t count as a thrashing! Only a sever beating! :oops: Let’s get those terminologies correct.
As for the lad at the end of the video – I agree - THAT is a thrashing! As I watched it (a couple times I might add) I think I thought the same as the rest of you – thank god that’s not me!!!! It’s ok to be on video but its bad to be that kind of video (ask Kneal about his BN video :wink: ). However, the OCer impressed me by hanging in there – I too would have gone swimming in short order in there!
As for Warren and Big Nasty – dam show off kid! :) See what happens when you lend someone else one of your boats!! It makes you look bad!! :( However, watching Warren play while the Ks just sat on there butts and watched was nice to see! 8)
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Ha ha ha!

Post by KNeal »

Thanks for reminding me that you made a CONSCIOUS and VOLUNTARY decision (as in, "Oh, SH*T!") to go through Big Nasty, Paul :D . Warren sure has turned into a show boater. You just can't take him anywhere without him having a great time and doing some really cool stuff.

How does next weekend or the weekend after that look for Ellen and I to come up and paddle something?

KNeal
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Well...

Post by PAC »

Next weekend, as in 7/19, I'm being dragged of to Florida and Disney with the wife and kids! As for the next weekend (7/26) - that might be doable! Let me double check with the wife (she sometimes plans things for me)! :P But lets pencil that in! Take care and stay in touch!
PS: I didn't have time for an "Oh, s..." Just a "OH"!!! And your right on Warren and his ablity to get it on with any boat in any water. I should have know he was going to be a big dog when he was able to roll in 15 minutes, with me teaching him! :o
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Follow up...

Post by PAC »

Kneal
As of right now the weekend of July 26 & 27 are a go. Start to making your plans to head up this way.
I have launch slots on Sunday so we MAY have to get permits for Sat. unless your willing to get up early. However, I will work on that and that may NOT be an issue. :wink:
I'm assuming you two will want to get on the river (Loop) early Sunday for a few hours then head home. Let me know if that is the case and I get things squared away. A overview of your plans will help me square things away once I get back from Mickey's World of Wonderment and fund drainage.
I'll try to track down Warren for that weekend too.
Keep in touch!
PS: if anyone else will be in the area over this weekend let us know. It would be nice to see a larger pod of single blades on the Yough!
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Well...

Post by PAC »

Good talking to you last night KNeal. Things are a go! Warren as been notified too! See you two in a couple weeks.
The offer on the Zwo is there as far as using one of my play boats!
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator