Stream Weaver C-quirt

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Stream Weaver C-quirt

Post by PAC »

Jim was kind enough to give me a few minutes of his time sat. night of Cheat Fest (walking back to the shop instead of to the Fest) and give me a overview where his Stream Weaver project is. Attached are some photos of the boat but unfortunately the batteries in my digital camera died. Lucky my crappy cell phone camera came through...sort of. Anyway hope you enjoy and maybe the fuzzy photos add a mystic to the design! :wink:

http://picasaweb.google.com/paulcline2002/CQuirt

The photos don't really show all the design edges and lines so...

PS: It was good to C Getto Johnny, Bernie, Walt, Paul and Mary Kay and all the others. 8)
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

WOW :o What an innovative design. The cockpit looks real comfy 8) Looks like the hull rises for the saddle & ankles, then drops for the knees...neat. That'll save on foam for outfitting. He did ask if we were ready for something different.

Paul, your Acrobat is full volume right?
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

I can't really speak for Jim - maybe he'll visit the site and explain but I know the cockpit is not complete. He has some thoughts and well, we will C (as he explained it to me I agreed with him as to his direction - if thats worth anything). The cockpit will be more of the standard size but its build out is in Jim's mind so we will wait.
I agree it is different in many ways! 8) A lot of the lines are lost via the crappy cell phone photos but the structural integrety is there along with nice wing flow dynamics. Talking with Jim is such a intellectual treat! :)
And yes Mike Acro is full on!
C ya all in a month! Paul C.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
huge
C Boater

wow!

Post by huge »

if it was any thinner it would be a super model. or you could use it to butter your biscuit.

huge
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Nice lines!

Looks very sinky...and very much a "C" version of some of his other latest designs...which is GREAT!

I look forward to checking it out in person:)
Keep the C!
Adam
jim gross
CBoats Addict

as i suspected

Post by jim gross »

a concave hull like ian did with some of his designs. thats the dirrection i thought jimim would take. looks good so far
jims
c

notes

Post by jims »

I'll be able to post some new/better pictures soon. I am going for stability and chopability. It's 28" wide and has wider sections than PACs bat which he has loaned me to study the outfitting. Knee spots will be wide. What you see in the pictures Paul took is about the size for someone around 260 lbs- a big version. Normal sizes will be much smaller. An average size person's Seamweaver will be so thin it will only have one side!
I got more work done on the hull last night- I'd say the chances of having one for the Cquirt event aren't too bad.

bring yer nose plugs,
jim
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Re: notes

Post by sbroam »

jims wrote:... about the size for someone around 260 lbs- a big version...

bring yer nose plugs,
jim
A boat for me!!! I'll bring 'em...
jims
c

no.....

Post by jims »

sorry- it's not coming out in a full chop. Hopefully we can get PAC to come down and help us with a float chop and the prototype will be a low chop for a 200 poundish person- too big for a lot of you all- but small enough to play in and get an idea of what it's about.

just tryin to have me some fun,
jim

ps I'm going for a spelling change on the name- it will be the "Ceemweaver"[/u]
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Re: no.....

Post by Mike W. »

jims wrote:the prototype will be a low chop for a 200 poundish person[/u]
I must be living right! :P
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Most likely can do Jim - just let me know what the plans / schedule are via an email we can try to figure out something. Paul C.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
jim gross
CBoats Addict

Jimi

Post by jim gross »

yes i agree . with the concavity you create stability around the seam lines. i saw also you kept some width about a 1 foot out from the kees and feet. this i found you need in a cc boat where you can keep it a little narrower in that area for a k boat. very sweet ma man. so far i wont be makein it for cquirtfest but my woody should hopefully. looking forward to a padfdle off of adams boat ,yours and mine. aaah this is getting exciteing. 3 new squirt cboats in one year. JIM
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Re: no.....

Post by sbroam »

jims wrote:... 200 poundish person- too big for a lot of you all...
ps I'm going for a spelling change on the name- it will be the "Ceemweaver"
260 was far more than I needed, but meant there was hope! 200 poundish is just fine :lol:

Like the name, too.
jims
c

mo notes

Post by jims »

My friend Taiki helped detail the hull and we made major progress on the hull today. Seamlines are still unresolved- but the hull geometry is 95% there.....

deep dreams...

jim
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Per Jim - three more photos are up on the site linked above...
Here's some pics as promised- they are of the hull very close to done. It's still iffy if I can get a rigged boat done in time. I don't think there'll be time for the float chop- I may have to do it myself- oh boy- unless you can get off a weekday like Thurs the 29th. Otherwise- I'll wing it.

Do you know where I can buy velcroed straps like you have for your knee rigging?

I'm going on an overnight for the next couple days- so I won't be around to field questions on the Cpage. If anyone asks what the hades is he thinkin? just tell them I am totally out of control and doing what I please. Those whacky Buddha boaters will like that...

Yes- please post them if you can.

cheers, jim
Enjoy! Paul C.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator