Spark on class IV+?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Nate
C Guru

Post by Nate »

Hey Paul,

I'll be down at the Riversport and then at nationals the next weekend and if you guys are there he (and you, of course) are welcome to try it out. It's nice and narrow so I think a smaller person would be able to get out over the gunwales easily. That was a big plus for me when I first got it (way back when I was about 8 inches shorter). I weigh 145-150 now and am still loving the boat.
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

she's 120 lbs, about 5'6". she loves it. says it makes maneuvering almost too easy. i've only paddled it once, i'm 170, it still felt like a hot rod to me.
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Thanks - Between her weight / height and what I remember of Nate's its right in my son's window with room to grow.

Nate - we should be at River Sport - at least on Sunday. That's a bad weekend with the UY on Friday, Falls Race on Sat then Riversport spanning the weekend. But if you are there I think Jacob would be up for taking it for a spin. Thanks for the offer and we'll see you there! Paul C.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
ChrisKelly
CBoats Addict

Humpf!!!! this is the old Judge!

Post by ChrisKelly »

I have not been here in a while but I can see ya'll manners have not improved; calling me old!!!!

I luv the Spark and have paddled a fair amount of class IV in it. The first time I got in it was at Nanny Falls and immediately fell in lust. I said the Spark is like a bad woman; she makes you want to dooooo stuff.

Also, she is easy to roll so you, or at least I was more willing to stretch my limits.

However, on the Grand Canyon I was in a Rival, just a more comfortable boat for a long trip.

But these two; Rival and Spark are my two fav canoes ever.

Good to be back on the Board.

Chris Kelly
Jon Serfas
C Boater

Sorry Yerhonner...

Post by Jon Serfas »

It was hard to tell what boat you were in with the size of those waves.
JON SERFAS