Open Canoe National Photos Minden

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Dooleyoc-1
CBoats Addict

Open Canoe National Photos Minden

Post by Dooleyoc-1 »

Can someone please post a link to the photos Mark Scriver's wife took at the race over the weekend? Thanks.

Also, I know Colin took a lot of great pics too but he won't be able to post his until next week.
msims
CBoats Addict

Post by msims »

-- Cya
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

Nice pictures! Haven't seen all of them by any stretch, but it sure looks like half of the solo boat runs were in Sparks!
Jon
C Guru

Course

Post by Jon »

It really was a Spark course. With all the rain we've had, the flow was about 50% higher than usual for this time of year, and the Dam guys increased it to that level just as they were starting to set the course at noon on Tuesday. Plan 'B'. The flow was fast and pushy. Most moves were full power and watch your angle. Initial reaction from many of the paddlers new to the Gull were "Wow! I don't think I'm paddling that!", but once they got used to it everyone had a good time. The finish was through two downstream gates in large standing waves. What a hoot.

Based on watching other paddlers (mainly from the US) I'm out on flat water, breaking in a whole new set of muscles.

Thanks for coming up. A long drive, but I hope it was worth it.
old and in the way
C Guru

Post by old and in the way »

sbroam wrote:...it sure looks like half of the solo boat runs were in Sparks!
Either that, or a bunch of people were going duck hunting...
"As long as there are young men with the light of adventure in their eyes or a touch of wildness in their souls, rapids will be run." -Sigurd Olson