Stop the presses everyone.....

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

MrTgrips
CBoats Addict

Stop the presses everyone.....

Post by MrTgrips »

Look what they've gone and done to the 2008 Gauley Fest poster!
They really do love us single stickers! They really do.....
:D
http://www.americanwhitewater.org/wiki/ ... ache=cache
mick :roll:
ncdavid
CBoats Addict

Post by ncdavid »

I have a confession to make: I used a kayak paddle on the river yesterday. I even paddled a sit-on-top kayak the whole way down the river. But I have an explanation for my transgression--I took the sit-on-top because it is so amazingly easy and I needed to have an easy boat on the river in case my daughter found her boat too difficult. You see, yesterday was her first river trip in a solo open canoe. And she did great. There were actually a number of kids on the river in canoes yesterday. Several in Captions, one tucked in between the air bag and the paddler in an Outrage. It is nice to see so many young open boaters. We ain't dead yet.
Atucky
CBoats Addict

Post by Atucky »

I bought a shirt at gauley fest a couple years back only because it had a canoe on the back.

Now to threadjack-

David- How did your daughter do in her first OC1 trip? That was most likely Harrison in the outrage with his daugter up front. I see you found my house and got the saddle.
Adam Trunnell
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

I had a kayak paddle in my hands this weekend, too... Went our for a 5 mile jaunt with the wife in sea kayaks on the local lake.

Where were y'all paddling, David? I'm working up to getting the kids going solo on canoes, too...
ncdavid
CBoats Addict

Post by ncdavid »

Lower Green. She did great. No swims, no near swims. She's going to do just fine. She's still worn out from Saturday's trip, though.

I've never met Harrison, but whoever the guy was he was in a group with Brent S. and his daughter in a Caption. Also got to paddle a very nice Mad River Howler that had been rescued and reconditioned by a member of this board. Nice, nice boat.
mechnginear
c

Howler

Post by mechnginear »

David:

Thanks for your nice comments on my Howler. It was great to see someone with more skill than I have paddle it. I think I'm a ways from performing the standing surf trick.
Mr.DeadLegs
CBoats Addict

Post by Mr.DeadLegs »

Double ThreadJack

Adam you want to meet Steve and I on the Ocoee friday? See if you can get Phil as well. You should have seen my under move on double suck the other week. It was most cool.

Trey
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy large steaming pile of dog doo what a Ride" " Nolan Whitesell
Atucky
CBoats Addict

of course I want to

Post by Atucky »

Trey,

Yes I want to meet you guys on the Ocoee on Friday, but unfortunately I have to work. Plus, we've got a bit of a gas crisis around these parts right now. Thanks for letting me know though.
Adam Trunnell
MrTgrips
CBoats Addict

Post by MrTgrips »

Jackin' my thread back!!
Who's runnin the Lower G this Sat???