openboat enders

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

oc1paddlr
CBoats Addict

openboat enders

Post by oc1paddlr »

anybody ever get an ended at whirlpool on the nanty? i get about halfway up in my ocoee but can't quite pull it off (but i still think it can be done). how about other places? anybody have some cool ender spots to share? i know about nanty falls (sticky for a lefty) and hades hole (with powerhouse!) and stage'n eddy (next time) here in the southeast. let us know about a good ender hole/wave, it makes for great entertainment (one way or another :wink: ) ps look for me @ gaf paddling red dagger ocoee thur,fri,sat,maybe sun. let's say hey!
paddlr
red boat ready
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

I should be there, too - Fri, Sat, Sun. I'll be in an orange Spanish Fly (camping at Lost Mine). I never could get enders in the Viper 12 on the Nanty - maybe didn't want it bad enough. Never did get, uh, "brave" enough to try it at Heck Hole. Then I went exclusively C-1 for a long time - I could get enders *anywhere* in the Whiplash.

I just found out though that I can get enders in the SF in our local play spot... The answer for me was not a bigger hole, but a smaller boat :lol:

Scott
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

Quarry was good when Quarry was Quarry. Ah, the memories... I'm real surprized that spot hasn't been rebuilt.
Atucky
CBoats Addict

Nanty Falls of course

Post by Atucky »

Steve,

I'm camping at wesser with a buddy for GAF.

I always get good enders in the fly at the falls. There is an "all right" spot on the upper green for the fly, not sure about in an ocoee though.

You could probably get a good ender at the bottom of lost guide on the pigeon, but I haven't been able to control a surf long enough to try.
Adam Trunnell
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

Quarry was good for pop-ups and enders long before anyone messed with it. I used to have a standard routine there in my old Phoenix.
Bill M
C Guru

Enders on Ocoee

Post by Bill M »

Bottom hole in Double Trouble, a picture of Steve from B'ham was in Ocoee Photo's last month. I'd never seen it dine before.
hades Hole, if you swim go right at PH. You can actually body surf the wave just above the powerhouse hole to get farther to the right.
Bill
Roger
C Guru

Post by Roger »

Hit a stern ender going down through the Falls on the Nanty a long time ago in time and dimension. Guess I lost a little speed. Was paddling the Flashback.

T
jim gross
CBoats Addict

Enders

Post by jim gross »

A good place for open boat enders was on the Lower Gauley. Diagonal Ledges has a lunch rock in the middle of the river. There is a slot right next to it. It was almost automatic in my occoee.

JIM
Dooleyoc-1
CBoats Addict

Post by Dooleyoc-1 »

Not that this is a news flash, but hades Hole is the best full size canoe ender spot I have ever seen. Once you learn the hole you can sit there all day and hit big enders on at least 1 out of 2 rides.

A few other spots in the SE that will ender a 12 ft canoe:

-The upper ledge at Slice N Dice on the ocoee
-Double Trouble on the ocooe
-Slam Dunk on the upper ocoee
-Tumblehome at the bottom of lost paddle on the Upper Gauley
-Surfers Rapid on Chattooga Section IV
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

LG river right across from 5 boat. Can pretty much pull off controlled ends with the right boat (Viper, Probe, etc.), with run out. Good times fer sure! Jim G is also right on DL as well although I found that to be a tad harder to control. Paul C.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!