Which boat?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Steve from Aus

Which boat?

Post by Steve from Aus »

Hi guys, great site!
I Just new to the c1 thing but looking foward to being the token c1 idiot of our playboat group.

My question is:
1. Which boat should i convert my medievil or my forplay, which would be best?

2. I also have a dagger cascade that i have been learning in, would the seat from this fit into the medievil wthout much hassel?
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

It depends...

Post by Sir Adam »

What do you want to do with the boat?

For a river-running play-boat object, I'd go with the ForPlay.

You can probably tweak the Dagger saddle into it, though I'd leave it in the Cascade for when you want to use that and make one out of foam (see the Outfitting section, or TEAM etc).

And don't worry...there are day's when quite a few of us are the "token idiots" :o
Keep the C!
Adam
NZMatt
Supporting Paddler

Post by NZMatt »

I'd also probably recommend the Forplay over the medieval....I've seen a few medievals for sale here as C1s and they don't seem to sell very well. I've also heard many people rave about the Forplay as a C1.

I converted a Bliss Stick Blitz Special using an old Perception Gyromax saddle and it wasn't too hard...even managed to avoid drilling the hull by using a system of aluminium stays to hold it in place....must get some pictures of that and post them....better do that now while it's partially in pieces. If you're willing to mess around, you should be able to modify the Cascade saddle to fit....although you might want to make sure you can put it back in the Cascade....just in case :)

Matt
Kev

Post by Kev »

The Forplay is a faster and better freestyle boat and a better river runner than the mediviel.

def convert the forplay.

makes a great all around c1
Timzjatl
C Guru

Post by Timzjatl »

you can get another dagger saddle from www.kayakoutfitting.com
along with all of the requisite foam. THis is what I use in my boats and I love it
Good Luck with your conversion
TIm